Champions League Final | Post-Match Thread

Exactly, and Rodri started in that match. I've been saying the same all night.
The team he played in the semi-final had wholesale changes. Are you trying to say that we lost the semifinal because of Fernandinho and Rodri? Hell most here were not upset we lost that considering the number of changes we made. Today it was clear to see that Pep fucked up with having just one DM, that too Gundogan. Maybe we might have lost with Dinho or Rodri but just pick the best 11 that got us in the final ffs.

The "pep out" brigade. You are a bundle of cunts, go fuck yourselves!

Players were trusted to do a job and because they didn't its ALL peps fault, never the players. AS FUCKING USUAL.

FUCK OFF
Your swearing doesn't make you right REMEMBER that ok. Because you don't play a CL final without a holding midfielder exposing your centerbacks to counter stacks then say oh it's the players fault, everyone who knows even a little about football can see it's pep's fault, but hey if you want to suck up to him then good luck.

Sterling 10 goals from 31 starts, Werner 6 goals from 35 starts - so why didn't Chelsea lose because they picked an out of form striker then? Complete bollocks, but that's why everyone on here are not top football managers.
Werner always starts regardless of his form and Chelsea don't have a better alternative, City played without Sterling against Dortmund and PSG and won every game, so why change it for a final ? and even if he had to play Sterling why not play him instead of Bernardo or Mahrez ? why do you bench Fern and force your top scorer to play out of position ?

Is that how it is now? Can’t complain about anything unless you’re an expert. My god.
There's complaining and there's complaining. Nobody knows for sure if we'd have won with a different lineup. But everyone is sure we would have. It's pathetic.

Werner always starts regardless of his form and Chelsea don't have a better alternative, City played without Sterling against Dortmund and PSG and won every game, so why change it for a final ? and even if he had to play Sterling why not play him instead of Bernardo or Mahrez ? why do you bench Fern and force your top scorer to play out of position ?
I don't know, because I'm not a football manager. Maybe we underestimated their defence. For me, it was the sort of game where Ferdo would have probably got an early yellow and possibly given us a problem for the rest of the match. And he certainly doesn't have the pace for 90 mins. I don't know, I'm just saying that it's impossible to know. We were lucky at times against PSG, they could have had a couple more goals in both matches, it's just not decided by choosing 11 players and sending them out knowing you'll get the perfect result.

I hope Pep leaves of his own volition.
He's been brilliant domestically and a complete shambles in Europe.

The only problem is who comes in.

As soon as I saw the team selection I was concerned. Play your players where they have played all season and won. Don’t make them play something new in the biggest game of the season

no Rodri or Fernandinho denying support to the back 4
Gundogan being asked to play CDM when he has played best football in another position
Play Foden on left or right where he has made hay all season - not in the centre
Do not play Raheem because he has been out of form for weeks.

I don’t mind losing - I just don’t like losing like this.

1 shot on target, no clear cut chances is just not good enough.

I’m devastated for all of us who had to watch it at home and In pubs and the academy stadium and all those fans running around getting PCR tests, waiting until 2 and 3am in the morning for flights home, paying fortunes for tickets to watch that feeble attempt. It was easy for Chelsea in the end. We gave them the initiative and they took it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.