Champions League Final | Post-Match Thread

This will be my last post to this thread ...................
On the mUen web site there is an article entitled .....

Pep Guardiola tells Man City what they must do next after Champions League final heartbreak​

I've a message for Pep ---- Man City players tell Pep to stop tinkering and over thinking big games.
I completely agree but 6am in the morning is probably not the best time to choose your battleground.

I am still awake. Was angry earlier, now just reflecting. Mrs and Dog will be getting up shortly.
Thats the way to go... 30 min ago i was watching the press conference after the game and i have to admit my anger with Pep subside...i mean, behind that fake smile the man was crushed just like us..he is our baldie genius ..he had a bad day...i will try to move on, but hope we have another oportunity like this soon. Team need some adjustments and Pep needs to chill out in the Champions League.

On the contrary, you are totally entitled to your opinion and I respect that you are entitled to it. But if my opinion is that it's garbage, that's my opinion and I'm equally entitled to it.

If you thought Chelsea could have "easily scored six" I must have missed something. Stopping them scoring wouldn't have made any difference unless we'd scored one ourselves. The outcome would have been penalties, not our strong point of late.
We could have easily been three or four down after half an hour. Very lucky it was only one nil at half time

Thats the way to go... 30 min ago i was watching the press conference after the game and i have to admit my anger with Pep subside...i mean, behind that fake smile the man was crushed just like us..he is our baldie genius ..he had a bad day...i will try to move on, but hope we have another oportunity like this soon. Team need some adjustments and Pep needs to chill out in the Champions League.
I am not going to talk about football until Monday. What I will say, is that it was nice to be stuck in a game.

People forget these players are humans. It was a difficult season and we did best we could. If you told me in November that we'd win the league and be playing our first CL final I would have laughed. It's a process to trust, this team is wonderful and made football a joy to watch for me and so many others. Some of my best memories are tied to this club, I just hope we don't take it for granted. A champions league or not, it's about the journey, just have to try and enjoy as much as you can along the way. Just like that the season is over and we'll be competing in champions league again, our time will come. It's not easy, but we should just let go of yesterday, it wasn't meant to be. Almost felt too good to be true.

At the start of the game I knew it could go either way, almost stuck a lump on Chelsea when the teams were announced.

Sacrificing control of the midfield for a more attacking approach and failing to register any noteworthy chance is abject failure.

I'm gutted for the fans who made the trip expecting a performance worthy of our season.
I defended Pep to no end trying to justify the selection and I will continue to support him as long as he's in charge.

I think this helps reveal the nonsense about us having two world class players in every position and do think that the bar others put in place to measure our success needs dropping down a peg or two. No doubt we'll still be down as favourites for all competitions and will have to put up with the dreaded quad talk and such like.

The positive I can take is that a humbling is probably necessary for those of us who's blind faith turns into arrogance.

Loss is a necessary part of football, it's a shame it had to happen at the final stage of a competition we've targeted for so long but maybe it will be the making of them. Some refocussing.

For all that happened in the game I think the image of KDB battered and bruised is the one that will stick with me. Horrible seeing him like that watching the game march towards the inevitable.

Anyway. Onwards blues. A bum note to end a solid season.

If a striker less City with a make shift left back and a new defence pairing in the first season can make it to the club's first ever Champion's League final, they can surely do it again. Just have to keep faith. Pep is who he is, we can't change that, he is genius, but human after all.

The stats say we had 1 Shot on target , I can’t even remember that . Someone tell me what that was, can’t recall mendy making a save and I’m too wounded to watch the highlights

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.