Ref Watch

Agree except for the part about rather lose than cheat. Corinthian spirit was all well and good in a different world but not nowadays. If you can’t beat em join em - we need to seriously upgrade our dark arts skill set.
The problem is that when we have a player who tries the exact same thing, he gets nothing. Just like we always seem to get played the advantage when there is no advantage.

Watched the challenge again today by Rudiger as not sure I could give an unbiased opinion after 10 pints. Rudiger raises his arm just before contact. I have no doubt he meant to "do" Kevin. Think it's fair enough the ref not seeing this on the field as happened off the ball and you don't always get a clear view of these as you naturally follow the play. However, would expect VAR to pick this up given they had 5 minutes to look at it. Also, surely the ref should be thinking that there is more to this due to the severity of the injury.

Also think VAR did not give the handball penalty as the ref made such a show of the ball hitting James chest 1st before hitting his arm that they would make him look an idiot by telling him it's a pen. Replay shows never hit his chest at all. When I was watching it live I thought at 1st the ref was pointing to his arm saying no penalty.

And my final point. Why was he crying at the end. Collina would never have done that.
Asked this last night but are there any other angles of the handball out there ?

Overall, the ref was ok. Certainly not as bad as in the past, and he can't be blamed for our defeat.
Nah.

The ref set the tone early doors with the disparity in dishing out fouls. He blocked passing channels and his decision to blow for a foul when we had a clear advantage certainly wound up Kev.
His antics annoyed our players and emboldened Chelsea. With the added pressure of the game we didn't have enough to deal with it.

The repercussions confirmed it was a red.
No way red card and you should be luckY he was taken off. he lost possession 12 times before that incident. If he had stayed on he would have lost possession another 10.
both teams played on going down quite easily and to be truthful Sterling was the worst. All teams do it when it’s getting towards the end

No way red card and you should be luckY he was taken off. he lost possession 12 times before that incident. If he had stayed on he would have lost possession another 10.
both teams played on going down quite easily and to be truthful Sterling was the worst. All teams do it when it’s getting towards the end
Sterling efforts for free kicks were sad to put it mildly.
His total contribution was to stick his arse into his opponent and then flop to the floor.
So very poor that he hasn't got the balls to take somebody on but would rather try to gain us a free kick 40 yrds from goal.
26 and as lost all confidence as an attacking footballer

Reading the laws of the game I think I can see an argument for sending Rudiger off but I am confused as I think I have seen those tackles before result on yellows and no or little damage / danger to the opposing player what did Rudiger do different ?

Nah.

The ref set the tone early doors with the disparity in dishing out fouls. He blocked passing channels and his decision to blow for a foul when we had a clear advantage certainly wound up Kev.
His antics annoyed our players and emboldened Chelsea. With the added pressure of the game we didn't have enough to deal with it.
I agree, I thought he was slightly in favour of them in 50/50 decisions, and some inconsistencies in treatment of similar incidents between both teams. But none of this has any impact on the result. Also, you could see instances where he could have penalised us but didn't. Overall, I think he was quite fair.

He did blow for full time after 6:57 of the minimum 7 minutes added time, and that after some delays and timewasting had occurred.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.