Everton thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
With City, you do get the feeling that the squad like each other and have each other's backs, and I hate to say this but so do Liverpool, Mané and Salah aside. Everton...don't. There are individual friendships in the squad, like the South American lads, or Calvert-Lewin and Davies, but they don't seem to have the same unity that City do, and I don't think it's down to a language barrier either. Maybe one reason why City function so well as a team is Pep's style of management. He's like the City squad's dad, the way he cares about them - look at how teary he got about Aguero.

With City, you do get the feeling that the squad like each other and have each other's backs, and I hate to say this but so do Liverpool, Mané and Salah aside. Everton...don't. There are individual friendships in the squad, like the South American lads, or Calvert-Lewin and Davies, but they don't seem to have the same unity that City do, and I don't think it's down to a language barrier either. Maybe one reason why City function so well as a team is Pep's style of management. He's like the City squad's dad, the way he cares about them - look at how teary he got about Aguero.
I seem to remember when Pep first came, we started celebrating every goal as a whole team. It seems like there was a very deliberate instruction from the top that everyone but the goalkeeper has to take part in the celebration. Obviously that often happened naturally before he came, but I don't remember people running all the way across the pitch to congratulate the goalscorer every time like we do now. And this season, we've started to see the same thing happening at the other end too. Stones, Ederson and Dias celebrate every clearance unless the ball's still in play.

I seem to remember when Pep first came, we started celebrating every goal as a whole team. It seems like there was a very deliberate instruction from the top that everyone but the goalkeeper has to take part in the celebration. Obviously that often happened naturally before he came, but I don't remember people running all the way across the pitch to congratulate the goalscorer every time like we do now. And this season, we've started to see the same thing happening at the other end too. Stones, Ederson and Dias celebrate every clearance unless the ball's still in play.
Reminds me of that time you were playing Liverpool in the League Cup final and Willy saved a pen, and he's down the other end of the pitch and you just see this horde of happy City players charging towards him.

The way they celebrated Sergio's first on Sunday was a prime example of the togetherness of the whole club, not just the first-team squad.

Reminds me of that time you were playing Liverpool in the League Cup final and Willy saved a pen, and he's down the other end of the pitch and you just see this horde of happy City players charging towards him.
Aye. I was the only fucker on this forum who stuck with Willie Catchit. The rest of the buggers, and they'll tell yer different now, wanted Joe back in!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.