It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure what you're struggling with.

One player has been directly quoted. It's really that simple.

I would still like to know when those quotes are from. I don't doubt they are genuine, i'm not justifying them. Just pointing out they feel recycled from some time ago, conveniently ahead of our CL game and the transfer window approaching.

Y'know what I've just realised. Madrid are going to close Alaba who can play left sided CB. If they do they won't sign Laporte IMO.

Also, just remembered that Jose Alvarez is peddling that Barcelona want Laporte but can't afford him. That's obviously coming from Laporte himself as he's close to Alvarez. So maybe he plans to try and engineer a move and is hoping that City will do Laporta a favour.
I thought Alaba wanted to play in midfield? Was that not 1 of his reasons for wanting out of Bayern?

Last edited:
Happy to hear Declan Rice’s name getting bandied about. He’s quality, his ability to win the ball back is up there with Kante for me and his ability on the ball is understated by many. Will cost us a fortune but I’d love it if we can build an English core by signing Kane, Grealish and Rice to add to the current lot.

If we're looking for someone to win the ball back then Ndidi or Bissouma are both far better options than Rice

I wont be at all surprised if City didnt sign Kane or Haaland, and brought in someone under the radar.

Whilst Kane is good I am not sure if Pep wants a 'big' player our squad is all about the team Kane comes with alot of baggage not bad baggage but the baggage of being the leagues best striker and England's captain.
Haaland pep doesnt like his agent and I get the feel his agent will be wanting to move Haaland on after a few seasons

I wont be at all surprised if City didnt sign Kane or Haaland, and brought in someone under the radar.

Whilst Kane is good I am not sure if Pep wants a 'big' player or squad is all about the team Kane comes with alot of baggage not bad baggage but the baggage of being the leagues best striker and England's captain.
Haaland pep doesnt like his agent and I get the feel his agent will be wanting to move Haaland on after a few seasons

Pep incorporated the best player in the world at Barça and the best striker in the league at both Bayern and City, so I don't think he'd be concerned about doing the same with Kane

If we're looking for someone to win the ball back then Ndidi or Bissouma are both far better options than Rice
Both good players but sorry I don’t agree with ‘far better’, Rice is at the very least on their level and he’s certainly more proven than Bissouma.

If I struggle to beleive we are all in for harry kane giventhe profile of player the club typically pay big for, you can imagine where I would file this one on Ramos. Fair enough free, but cmon madrid press, wise up.

Contract extension talk, nothing more.

I would say contract talk, but Perez has a policy for over 30s that they only get 1 year extension each year instead of a solid contract, Ramos has wanted a two year deal since October but Perez has said no.

If I struggle to beleive we are all in for harry kane giventhe profile of player the club typically pay big for, you can imagine where I would file this one on Ramos. Fair enough free, but cmon madrid press, wise up.

Contract extension talk, nothing more.
It would be free, he’s out of contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.