Denis Zakaria

Which is why we paid £ 60 million for him and he is our first choice, but do not play down that running around a lot, we are slow in the center and Rodri gets caught on the ball a lot, with no ability to get back.
Zakaria has another quality he can play right center back to a decent standard, that might be important if Laporte or Ake make waves.

Signing that type of midfielder probably isn’t on the cards anyway. Pep much prefers steady and methodical passers in that role: Busquets, Xabi Alonso, Jorginho, Rodri

Signing that type of midfielder probably isn’t on the cards anyway. Pep much prefers steady and methodical passers in that role: Busquets, Xabi Alonso, Jorginho, Rodri
I think your right but this is a sub role as Rodri is first choice, Doyle will not be playing in the EDS next season he has surpassed it, so we do not need a player of that ilk, Zakaria has abilities neither has.

I think your right but this is a sub role as Rodri is first choice, Doyle will not be playing in the EDS next season he has surpassed it, so we do not need a player of that ilk, Zakaria has abilities neither has.

I’m actually very sympathetic to the view that an energetic defensive screen would be a great addition to the squad, just really not sure Zakaria is the man for the job

I’m actually very sympathetic to the view that an energetic defensive screen would be a great addition to the squad, just really not sure Zakaria is the man for the job
He would be an excellent choice and has the attributes along with pace and skill to really fill the hole Fernandinho will leave.

He would be an excellent choice and has the attributes along with pace and skill to really fill the hole Fernandinho will leave.
I wouldn’t say excellent. I much prefer Locatelli or Kamara. But we may be left with him

Has plenty of pace, excellent physicality and loves to dribble, very good in tight spaces.
He is also quite box to box rather than your traditional defensive mid, a player with aggression, something we currently lack in our midfield. He can also play multiple positions if needed.

Has 1 year left on his deal, only 24, and plenty of room for improvement under Pep. We are on good terms with his agent as well. I would be disappointed to see him at a rival team in Prem.

I wouldn’t say excellent. I much prefer Locatelli or Kamara. But we may be left with him
I think Kamara would be a great choice as well, but seeing his profile and how he plays, I just think it's the best fit. Not sold on Locatelli, he personally doesn't strike me as someone who I'd bring in when we already have Rodri sharing that profile. That said, I have followed Serie A and he is a good player. Just preference I guess.

Has plenty of pace, excellent physicality and loves to dribble, very good in tight spaces.
He is also quite box to box rather than your traditional defensive mid, a player with aggression, something we currently lack in our midfield. He can also play multiple positions if needed.

Has 1 year left on his deal, only 24, and plenty of room for improvement under Pep. We are on good terms with his agent as well. I would be disappointed to see him at a rival team in Prem.

I would much rather go for Ndidi if we're in for that sort of player. I'm concerned that Zakaria hasn't managed more than 22 league starts in any of the last three seasons. His stats are bang average in 2018/19 and 2020/21, with a much stronger year in 2019/20, but nowhere near the levels that Ndidi is performing at in a tougher league at the same age

I would much rather go for Ndidi if we're in for that sort of player. I'm concerned that Zakaria hasn't managed more than 22 league starts in any of the last three seasons. His stats are bang average in 2018/19 and 2020/21, with a much stronger year in 2019/20, but nowhere near the levels that Ndidi is performing at in a tougher league at the same age

thats good and all but the price disparity alone leads to Zakaria. Leicester would ask a huge fee for him

I think in terms of mobility and box to box, Bissouma or Barella is better alternative than those two.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.