Harry Kane

If this is not done before EURO 2020 starts (about next 4-5 days) it will not be done until England will be out and by that time Kane might have scored 4-5 goals in the tournament making sure Levy can build that into the charge for him.
I keep reading/hearing the stories about Kane ha being a good Euros will inflate the price and I don’t understand it. The world and his wife knows how good a fit Arry is and scoring a handful of goals for England doesn’t make him any better as he scores goals for Spuds and England right now anyway and had been doing so for quite a few years.
Just my tuppence worth ..

I keep reading/hearing the stories about Kane ha being a good Euros will inflate the price and I don’t understand it. The world and his wife knows how good a fit Arry is and scoring a handful of goals for England doesn’t make him any better as he scores goals for Spuds and England right now anyway and had been doing so for quite a few years.
that's a good thruppence worth...:)

Yes, the luck of beating Atletico Madrid, Real Madrid and us 3x. Lol. You don’t accomplish that taking over a team of players you had no hand in picking halfway through a season. The evolution of Chelsea under him isn’t just because they won the UCL. You just have to see how many players started performing much better, how tactically smart (especially defensively) that team turned into and how their attitude was adequate.
I can’t predict a hypothetical world, but the intense way Chelsea played in the final, I think it’s very likely they would have won anyway had Fernandinho or Rodri played instead of Sterling. We played against Chelsea with those players and they performed poorly. Sterling was okay in the final. And it’s best for us to accept that and prepare for the future accordingly.
By the way, where was Tuchel’s “luck” when a normal goal was wrongfully disallowed in the FA Cup final? If that had stood, I’d say they would have one more trophy in their season.

There’s no doubt Tuchel has done well but it may be best to see how he manages that group of players over the medium term before lowing too much smoke up his ass. There certainly been a new manager bounce Chelsea but let’s see how they do over a full season. Tuchel has not been a runaway success in all his roles and he’s certainly clashed with a few bigger personalities in the dressing room in the past.

Yes but the media will tell you that ace negotiator and business guru Daniel Levy will exploit every touch of the ball by Harry to extract extra money from the Evil City Empire. Yep its all bullshit but the back pages and Twitter will be full of it.

Last edited:
Add into the possibility of a injury to the lad and it can be turned how can Levy not cash in before the Euros start

Our all time greatest goal scorers fee did not break the bank by any stretch of imagination. So why can’t we do it again and spend wisely on a quality international player allowing City to develop elsewhere, like in players like Kakye and Metinho. In the long term it will help City dominate even more.
I get your post and your point of view is good. So no criticism from me. I’m just looking at it from a slightly different angle.
Was Aguero there or there about s a British transfer record?

With Dortmund wanting 200m Euros for Haaland according to The Daily Fail, I believe it confirms my fear about the club getting mugged off financially.
Plus it may set a precedent in the future if we spend so much on one player. If we show we won’t go beyond our valuation it will help for future transfers when clubs realise City are not fools and won’t go above a sensible valuation.
That must make Kane 150m upwards. Knowing Levy he will ask for 200m Euros too. I’d pay that for Messi or Ronaldo in their prime but I wouldn’t spend that much on Haaland or Kane.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.