It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally agree re:Rodri. The other thing he completely seems to lack is the spark to move forward with the ball when play dictates...something I've always envied about Ferna's game is he reads it so well both on the defensive and when the opportunity arises to attack. Its not necessarily what you need in a DM, but it does make him such a dynamic player and one that's near impossible to replace.

Rodri on the other hand, has shown to be eminently replaceable and I wouldn't shed a tear if we found a way to move on from him.
That’s the Rodri that’s played the vast majority of games

The other thing he completely seems to lack is the spark to move forward with the ball when play dictates...something I've always envied about Ferna's game is he reads it so well both on the defensive and when the opportunity arises to attack.
That's a myth thats grown he may lack Fernandinho's defensive nouse but his forward balls and play are very good.

If his attributes are to be more attacking, then I don't think we really need him?

We need someone behind the ball and not caught regularly ahead of it in the present midfield.

Especially so, if we do complete on Grealish.

If you are saying he can be a midfield destroyer in the Fern fashion, then I would be all for it, but still not at expense of Bernie.

I'd be willingly offering Rodri back to Atletico for Saul first.

I don't rate Rodri and I know it puts me at odds with both Pep and the majority of Blues, no doubt, but he lacks the two ingredients that I personally want from any defensive midfield screen, which is energy and a willingness to get hurt.

If Castles is floating this idea, it tells me it is nothing more than a staging post from Mendes, a suggestion at best.

He knows the market is suppressed and the £80m Bernie is worth isn't out there in cold hard cash on the continent.
In all honesty he would be an excellent midfielder for us, his age/profile/experience it all favours us. And he's a much more physical, natural midfielder that operates box to box. If we can get a good deal, I really don't mind. Yes he's had 2 poor seasons under Simeone but it's what happens to most players under him, up and down. Everyone gets stagnant at some point and leaves.

I am not sure where this perception of us getting a bad player is coming from (if indeed there is truth to any of this). Regardless, I think there are a couple Atletico players I'd opt for instead namingly Llorente or Felix. Both young and exciting, full of quality. Bernardo is a wonderful footballer, it's a shame he's unsettled and hasn't really been able to fully show his quality past 2 seasons. He was excellent in recent campaign for a bit, and is undoubtedly very important, or at least I believe so. But you also don't want to keep unhappy players in the camp, because the job is always very demanding.

Can't really see why Gündogan or Mahrez would want out, they know their importance and seniority. They are the ones that will probably stay. Bernardo and Jesus are the only ones I can see leaving. Laporte probably staying another year too
Wouldn't be too sure about Gundo.
He hated to lose the CL final 2013, surely hates the way we've thrown it away this year, with a very questionable setup.

He's got 1 last chance for a new club. Like it or not, Barca is still a big name.
I wouldn't be surprised if he looks for a new challenge after 5 seasons here.

Wouldn't be too sure about Gundo.
He hated to lose the CL final 2013, surely hates the way we've thrown it away this year, with a very questionable setup.

He's got 1 last chance for a new club. Like it or not, Barca is still a big name.
I wouldn't be surprised if he looks for a new challenge after 5 seasons here.
If I'm being entirely honest, if this summer calls for a revamp, replacing 4-5 players then so be it. And if Gündogan is one of the names, as good as he is, considering his age, I'd let it happen.

I can confidently predict that if any of our ITK’s were to now post that Rodri, walker or whoever want out then an exclusive story would be appearing on Twitter from some know nothing hack. They get everything from here. They know nothing like the rest of us apart from city’s regular ‘chosen’ select few - who are saying nothing atm. Can’t believe people on here are getting their knickers in a twist. Whatever happens, we’ll be stronger at the start of the season. That’s all that matters whoever comes and goes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.