Knee pain

TINY

Morning all!

Now firstly, I am booked into a physio next week to get an expert opinion but thought I’d ask you all as I have done for the last 15 or so years!

Ok so I’ve just got back into the gym properly, but whenever I do any form of squat, either weighted or just if I was to attempt to squat generally, I get a pain on the back/right side of my right knee. I then end up trying to compensate on my left. It’s doing my head in! Any idea what it can be? Anything you’ve experienced? I don’t remember specifically hurting it, though I know it’s been giving me ‘jip’ for a little while, I THINK I need it kicking a ball but not 100%

Morning all!

Now firstly, I am booked into a physio next week to get an expert opinion but thought I’d ask you all as I have done for the last 15 or so years!

Ok so I’ve just got back into the gym properly, but whenever I do any form of squat, either weighted or just if I was to attempt to squat generally, I get a pain on the back/right side of my right knee. I then end up trying to compensate on my left. It’s doing my head in! Any idea what it can be? Anything you’ve experienced? I don’t remember specifically hurting it, though I know it’s been giving me ‘jip’ for a little while, I THINK I need it kicking a ball but not 100%
As a fully paid up member of bluemoon’s amateur physiotherapy course, back of the knee pain can only really be one of a few things. Hamstring issues, calf issues or fluid draining creating a cyst.

My guess would be muscle fatigue if you’ve just got back into exercise.

Possibly cartilage damage. If you have some swelling, pain when flexing the joint, and Gareth Southgate calls you up to the England squad, then you're fooked.
Haha

No swelling and can fill extend when sat or stood without issue, just the squat position

As a fully paid up member of bluemoon’s amateur physiotherapy course, back of the knee pain can only really be one of a few things. Hamstring issues, calf issues or fluid draining creating a cyst.

My guess would be muscle fatigue if you’ve just got back into exercise.
It was a slight issue prior to exercising but not fully noticeable as it’s only really when I properly squat, and we removed the shit hole in the ground years ago

It was a slight issue prior to exercising but not fully noticeable as it’s only really when I properly squat, and we removed the shit hole in the ground years ago
That does sound like a muscle issue if it is exacerbated when fully stretching your muscles.

I am totally unqualified though!

Always amazes me when folk fuck about consulting medical professionals when all the wisdom they seek may be found on BM. OP should brick his windows, torch his house, smash his own back doors in and post some pics of the other half - knee pain cured.

Always amazes me when folk fuck about consulting medical professionals when all the wisdom they seek may be found on BM. OP should brick his windows, torch his house, smash his own back doors in and post some pics of the other half - knee pain cured.
Nah, just hack his leg off halfway down his femur. It’s not an insurance job.

Sounds like a lateral meniscus or lateral ligament.

If you can bend your knee to the same degree as a the squat position when lying down, roughly 90deg, without pain, it might be ligament rather than meniscus as there's no weight bearing going on. Squatting is weight bearing which puts more pressure on the ligament rather than meniscus, hence the pain.

Needs to get it properly checked out, MRI or endoscopy should confirm.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.