Scotland at the Euros

Got the wee man a Scotland top, got the flags & buntin ready, play England on the day of the wife's birthday next week, bring it on!

We have a dream!!

Well here we are, it's been 23 years since we graced a big tournament, a long time, right up there with waiting to be connected with your bank on the phone under covid. This thread is for the small band of us glorious Scots, who bring light and happiness to this fine forum. I have no doubt too, that many of our English friends will pop in to give support and love. Especially if we do a Scotland and fuck ourselves up from a position of strength.

How do I think we will get on? Well, being there is the main thing, obviously, but I am actually quite excited about our chances. We have a number of excellent players, sadly none up front, which unless they start hitting the target, will mean we create chances but miss most of them. We are usually blessed with at least one good striker, but not now, the best I can say about them is they are hard-working. Pish, but hard working, so I hope they read this and decide to shut me the fuck up. I will be delighted if they do.

The first game will be key, at home to the Czechs. A win will set us up, then it's down to Wembley against the much fancied(England only) English. We know on paper we shouldn't have a chance. Will be written off. Just the way we like it. One thing we all know, we will take you on. One ray of hope is Southgate and who he picks. I'm not convinced his selection will be his best and he will go safe initially and reduce England's potency. Here's hoping he makes a **** of it and we benefit from that. He can get it right, after us. Anything but a really good win against us will be a hammer blow. But, enough of my wishful thinking. We will raise our game against England and fight like fuck, of that there is no doubt, and if our better players can create space and chances, you never know.

I have hope we go through, even as a third place team, I would rip your arm out of its socket for that. But, mostly I will be just happy to be there.

I hope everyone enjoys it and we see some great games. To my fellow glorious Scots, how are you feeling? Do you think we can qualify? How drunk will you get if we get something against the Sassenachs? And so on.

Come on Scotland, it's been a long time, the country, well most of it, is right behind you. Give your all as a minimum and you just never know. Good luck lads. Get fucking stuck in.
We will play with a false 9. A team full of midfielders and inverted fullbacks And carry all before us. The world will be aghast at our technical prowess, tactical genius and cheeky Whaes like us supporters. The tartan army will lay seige to Wmberlee and we will beat the auld enemy 6-0. Scott Mctominay will be top scorer in the Group. Andy Robertson will be player of the tournament.

unfortunately in the real world none of these things will happen. At best I think we will be a stuffy opponent and nobody will beat us easily.

We will play with a false 9. A team full of midfielders and inverted fullbacks And carry all before us. The world will be aghast at our technical prowess, tactical genius and cheeky Whaes like us supporters. The tartan army will lay seige to Wmberlee and we will beat the auld enemy 6-0. Scott Mctominay will be top scorer in the Group. Andy Robertson will be player of the tournament.

unfortunately in the real world none of these things will happen. At best I think we will be a stuffy opponent and nobody will beat us easily.
If Iceland can beat England in a major tournament anyone can. Wales also got something in the same competition during the group stages. There have been a few shocks domestically as well. Never say never, especially with Southgate in charge.

Last edited:

That's about it. Bottom bit. We are as blunt as my old mum in relation to the tip of our attack. We have nothing up front But our midfield can score. They will have to.

If Iceland can beat England in a major tournament anyone can. Wales also got something in the same competition during the group stages. There have been a few shocks domestically as well. Never say never, especiallly with Southgate in charge.
We live in eternal hope. I agree about Southgate. He could be our ace in the hole. I wouldn't put money on it, as I prefer to spend it on drink, but I will hope, and it's better to hope and drink, than to hope sober.

Got the wee man a Scotland top, got the flags & buntin ready, play England on the day of the wife's birthday next week, bring it on!

We have a dream!!
Let's hope the wee man isn't in his late 20's before he experiences his next one.

We live in eternal hope. I agree about Southgate. He could be our ace in the hole. I wouldn't put money on it, as I prefer to spend it on drink, but I will hope, and it's better to hope and drink, than to hope sober.
I am English but I am not a staunch supporter of the national side and have watched them in plenty of tournaments. This has the hallmarks of another fuck up.

If Scotland win their fans will make the scousers seem humble. Give us back our goalposts and go away home to glasgae, sturgeon , frankie and susan boyle.

I am English but I am not a staunch supporter of the national side but have watched them in plenty of tournaments. This has the hallmarks of another fuck up from them
I believe you have players who could give it a right go. I just don't think Southgate will pick them. I certainly hope he doesn't against us, but I want you to hammer the other two bunch of cunts and give us a helping hand. :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.