Players who might improve us

He has much to learn yet,he isnt on the same level as Phil (who is...?) and with a superstar striker coming in....his chances will be next to zero.A loan to the Championship,where he will have to deal with physicality and aggression that has served him well in the EDS,is far better for his development and will properly test what he's all about.
Love your posts ,knowledge and comments on the EDS etc..the only thing I would ask you is this..we all seem to work on the basis that players have to earn their stripes either from going to an inferior team and working their way up ala Kane or waiting their turn in the first team..if I remember, Rashford was played simply out of desperation as the rags were short on strikers..can a player like Delap be thrown in at the deep end and succeed ? Would love to see it, and he did well in his first match. I appreciate that City do not need to do this and go for proven players, but we may on occasion miss the Sancho's of this world.

Not 100% sure if Phillips would be a good fit for us. Love his energy levels and he's a mostly decent passer, although he can be very careless in possession which Rodri keeps getting crucified for by our fans. Hard to judge his positioning given the crazy man-to-man system Leeds plan. Doesn't offer much aerial protection, which is a key feature of our DM. Also seems to pick up a lot of bookings, which would only be exacerbated playing for City

He has much to learn yet,he isnt on the same level as Phil (who is...?) and with a superstar striker coming in....his chances will be next to zero.A loan to the Championship,where he will have to deal with physicality and aggression that has served him well in the EDS,is far better for his development and will properly test what he's all about.
Foden was not loaned out and look at him now. We need to have some faith in our system. Start playing him in Carabao Cup, FA Cup and some of the dead rubbers in the Champions League

Slowly get him into the first team with some minutes and I believe we will have a great strikers. If we Loan him out, I feel he might want to move away from the club!

Foden was not loaned out and look at him now. We need to have some faith in our system. Start playing him in Carabao Cup, FA Cup and some of the dead rubbers in the Champions League

Slowly get him into the first team with some minutes and I believe we will have a great strikers. If we Loan him out, I feel he might want to move away from the club!
Maybe,if we don't sign a striker.....he would be better here.The lad is itching to play though,he's hungry and impatient and wants to be at a club that offer him that opportunity and i'm not sure he'll get such here.I genuinely believe, given the stage he's at,a loan will educate and develop him quicker and better.

Foden was different in every respect,he was an EDS project.....and he was surrounded by world class mentors.He was also never going to get to a stage where he demanded a transfer (ala Sancho) because he is Blue to the core.

can a player like Delap be thrown in at the deep end and succeed ?
As well as it being a gargantuan jump from EDS to the best 11 in the league......I just dont see Pep doing it,i think he'd rather go with the false 9 again.He also has to accommodate any incomings and find more playing time for the likes of Torres.

As well as it being a gargantuan jump from EDS to the best 11 in the league......I just dont see Pep doing it,i think he'd rather go with the false 9 again.He also has to accommodate any incomings and find more playing time for the likes of Torres.
I think Torres will get alot more playing time next season as he'll be more settled and is a far better player than most on here think he is......worth remembering the EDS play league 1 and 2 sides in their cup, and if they're going to get first team mins they need to stand head and shoulders above those players, our EDS have had some decent results, but none of them have individually shone to that level....yet.

I think Torres will get alot more playing time next season as he'll be more settled and is a far better player than most on here think he is......worth remembering the EDS play league 1 and 2 sides in their cup, and if they're going to get first team mins they need to stand head and shoulders above those players, our EDS have had some decent results, but none of them have individually shone to that level....yet.
Exactly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.