Manuel Locatelli

Is he wrong. The track record isn't good
Yes he is wrong.
What I can’t believe is anyone is going to say this: this player is ticks all the boxes, but he is from X country. It isn’t logical. It’s literally a prejudice. You can say that about Italians or those from, I don’t know, Burkina Faso... or Norway...

If there's any player that should be catching people's eye today is Spinazzola, not so much Locatelli. For us especially
That’s why we look at their season and history and not just one game hehe

I do like a left footed central player, and he's a good one.
Yes he is wrong.
What I can’t believe is anyone is going to say this: this player is ticks all the boxes, but he is from X country. It isn’t logical. It’s literally a prejudice. You can say that about Italians or those from, I don’t know, Burkina Faso... or Norway...
Well... I don't have the figures, but there's not been that many in the premier league altogether compared to - say - France. City fans in particular are touched by the story of Rolando Bianchi, who lasted a few months, and never moved out of his caravan. And whilst I don't have the figures, you can see from Wikipedia that many who have made the journey, have only stayed a year or two.

And there's a few in there who never amounted to much, before going on to great things in other countries - Materazzi, for example.

Because of this, I'd accept the view that maybe there's a grain of truth in what they're saying...of course it's not a universal rule.
Maybe it's best thought of as a bit of a trend, an intuition, that two way thing exists, with some Italian based footballers admitting in the past that they don't fancy the climate - or style of football - as much as Spain, Germany or France. One of those being Signor Bianchi.

I don’t think he even had a particularly great game today
He was good, not standout, but that's who I would be looking out for, for us. A left back who easily gets up and down the pitch, comfortable on either foot, very aggressive in getting to the box and overlapping. The standout would probably be Gosens from his performance vs France, but he is also a good option who had a good season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.