#47 | Phil Foden - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
A joke to sub him off first, the only one of the front 3 who looked like doing anything.
What did he actually do?

I don't know what game people saw if they think that was a good Foden performance, he has had WAY better performances for City.

He didn't even create much this game, and failed to get on chances from Sterling (can say he was unlucky).

Seriously, go on r/soccer and you'll see so many fans say Foden was poor today, not that the game plan helped him of course, the whole team played poorly, nobody stood out.

What did he actually do?

I don't know what game people saw if they think that was a good Foden performance, he has had WAY better performances for City.

He didn't even create much this game, and failed to get on chances from Sterling (can say he was unlucky).

Seriously, go on r/soccer and you'll see so many fans say Foden was poor today, not that the game plan helped him of course, the whole team played poorly, nobody stood out.
He had energy - he had movement - he was the one offensive player who got among the Scots. He got little good service, so he went looking for the ball. Ian Wright was fuming that he was taken off - I have to agree. Seems like Ian and me saw a different game to you.

All our players return from England duty technically poorer for the experience. It's not exclusive to us however, as the Chelsea lads look poor too. Ironically, it's the players from the lesser teams that seem to be less affected and benefit a little. Players such as Mings and Phillips and even Pickford did OK tonight. In short, Southgate and his coaching team do a great job of making a pig's ear from a silk purse.

He had energy - he had movement - he was the one offensive player who got among the Scots. He got little good service, so he went looking for the ball. Ian Wright was fuming that he was taken off - I have to agree. Seems like Ian and me saw a different game to you.
Energy and movement I will give you, but ultimately it came to nothing.

Did he do anything special with the ball?

Again, I think of the whole team he rated higher of the whole mediocre bunch, but that was no special game from Foden.

Foden should come out after the game and announce his retirement from international football.
This FA yes man is ruining him.
If anyone is ruining Phil, it's Pep not Gareth. Perpetually benching him, and not encouraging him to show his natural talent by insisting "don't give the ball away." But Phil will not be ruined ... he's too good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.