Time for a new tune?

That's it. She's mightily easy on the eye, too.
Actually, it's them, but it's not quite this version of it. I prefer the version that goes with the elderly geezer (who is someone called Mishka Henner's dad, I see — no disrespect, I'm sort of getting up there myself…they were in the Fans section of the 93:20 documentary)
After this week blondie " hanging on the telephone "

After this week blondie " hanging on the telephone "
The Blondie song we need is the powerful Union City Blue.
With a chorus of ‘City, City, Manchester City Blue’ and any other words to follow.
For those under a certain age can anybody post the amazing video of Debbie Harry in the New Jersey dockyards?

What about playing about with that Elton John song 'I guess that's why they call us the Blues'?

Once we have squared that away, time to change the national anthem for England matches (only). Keep God Save The Queen for GB and UK stuff but boy is it boring, dull and uninspiring? As a Veteran it really is poor for sporting purposes.

'I vow to thee my country' wow what a song or 'Rule Brittania' or Land of Hope & Glory'?? Before people start messaging with accusations of trolling, it isn't - it is fact!!

I’ll keep banging the drum for the Hollies. A Manchester band whose classics ‘He ain’t heavy’ or ‘ The Air That I Breathe’ are as emotional and uplifting as ‘Walk Alone’. Why we have never adopted one (or both) of them baffles me ... a song that begins with ‘ the road is long, with many a winding turn’ couldn’t describe any better the bittersweet feeling of following this football club.

The Blondie song we need is the powerful Union City Blue.
With a chorus of ‘City, City, Manchester City Blue’ and any other words to follow.
For those under a certain age can anybody post the amazing video of Debbie Harry in the New Jersey dockyards?
À 42 year old song is unlikely to make it's Etihad debut anytime soon but here you go anyway.

À 42 year old song is unlikely to make it's Etihad debut anytime soon but here you go anyway.

Many thanks - brought back memories.
42 years old shouldn’t be a problem, Blue Moon seems to have been written 1931 or 1934 so must have been 50 years old when we adopted it in the ‘80’s. Also both written in New York - perhaps our club there could have a version.
Even if not a song could be a half-decent chant in it…

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.