England v Scotland | Euro 2020 Group Stage

Thing that gets me is that I've no doubt that Rice and Phillips will end up at 'big 6' clubs for a combined fee of somewhere in the region of One hundred and fifty million quid. Then, I'm not entirely convinced they're much better (if any) than McGinn/McGregor. It's not their fault, market value dictates what happens to them or what they'll eventually move for, but it highlights the difference in market value is way too big compared to their actual abilities.

England have better players in most positions btw, but that's one I think Scotland at least match them in, but the media will never have people believe it.

20 million viewers watched the game on ITV/STV.

The ITV viewers complained they had no mute button for Twatterface.

He better find it fast. You need to play it against the Czechs to prepare for the next game. If you don't, you will be handed your arse. Even if you do, I think that arse is in the post. It certainly will be delivered if Southgate doesn't have a penny dropping episode.
I don't think he will find it tbh, which is why we just need to find the easiest route possible and hope some of the big guns take each other out (for example Belgium are on course to play Italy in the quarters).

He's yet to play the best XI, which might be deliberate, he might think we have enough to see this group out, so he's just testing a few. Like Reece James last night, Walker plays every game that has our survival on the line. He's got to sort the attack though which is the worrying part.

I always quite liked Southgate as England manager, not top level and very cautious but he’s a clever fella and seems to have got a Harmony in the team not seen in 25 years and is owed this tournament for the semi final run in 2018 but fucking hell that was horrendous management from start to finish yesterday.

They won't get rid of him.
Smiles nicely, doesn't say or do anything to upset the FA, does nothing controversial, keeps sponsors happy, beats the pub teams, gets to tournaments, media get their jolly trips.
Fans of lesser clubs get some delusional hope hyped up every couple of years and buy tickets to see Engerland at Wemberlee, before going on chair-throwing lads holidays.
Pathetic.
England will get shown up if/when play anybody half decent or embarrassed with anybody decent.
In fairness, he did well at that footballing hotbed of Middlesbrough.
Oh, wait a minute...........

I don't think he will find it tbh, which is why we just need to find the easiest route possible and hope some of the big guns take each other out (for example Belgium are on course to play Italy in the quarters).

He's yet to play the best XI, which might be deliberate, he might think we have enough to see this group out, so he's just testing a few. Like Reece James last night, Walker plays every game that has our survival on the line. He's got to sort the attack though which is the worrying part.
That's a risky strategy. If you look at how the better teams have performed, you aren't at the races. A lot of sublime football has been played, none from you. That needs to change next game. Or it's curtains. If you get the French in full flow it could and will get messy if you don't find a balance of your best players.

Think he has to sort out midfield first, which means a change of approach .and imo changing all 3 that played last night. Trouble is that would mean him changing tactics too, can't see it happening.

Its not the personnel, its the tempo.
Foden was the only one running his socks off and trying to close down defenders while the liked of Kane strolled around. He wouldn't suit our style of play unless he bucks his ideas up big time, as for Rashford Ffs he's the most overrated player since Beckham

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.