Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scotland only the better team because Southgate couldn’t manage his way out a wet paper fucking bag.

correct and his negative mindset! He was thinking hold what we have Play it safe manager Southgate he won’t let his team show there true ability it’s a ridged performance from now on to we out!

While I agree that he came into circumstances that gave him little to no room to make any impact with how negative the tactics were. He wasn't any different in the two friendly games before the tournament where he started and the team looked just as uninspiring so I'm not getting the excuses that he had little time. That's just his game, holding onto the ball longer than needed, inviting and drawing fouls by leaving his leg out, and when he actually gets through he often either lays it off or fail to pick out anyone.

For a team like villa that often plays on the counter and play built around him, he suits them perfectly as he gets enough space to utilise his best asset which is carrying the ball. Put in a side that often plays against 10 men camped around their own box that becomes almost pointless unless they are having to result in simply winning fouls. His passing/vision is not as good or better than any of bernardo, gundogan, mahrez, or foden so you are then left with a player who adds nothing much of value to the side that it doesn't already possess.

I don't even have much of a problem with him as a player as I've always said the talent is there, it's just the fawning over him that's become unbearable. Many seem to have convinced themselves he's what peak hazard was on the back of one really good season when the truth is he's nowhere near.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.