Covid and travel discussion

Bloody hell we are booked for end of September, I would’ve thought these small islands would’ve been able to all but irradicate it.

I went there last July/August after our government said it was okay to go without quarantining on your return. This was after the Canarian government was telling everyone it was safe, everybody come.

Everywhere was slowly starting to open and it was getting busier when Boris put it on the list again after three days which killed it dead as people scrambled to go home. I stayed but it was like a ghost town. However I had a great holiday until two weeks before my return they enforced the wearing of masks outside everywhere. As I like walking and sitting outdoors this killed it for me. They flip and flop all the time. Their population is just over 900 thousand but they haven't got it anywhere near normal over there in spite of strict lockdowns and very few tourists. I won't return until I can have a stress free holiday without restriction, it isn't worth the cost.

I'm travelling to the UK on sunday, 300 in tests, rubs your face in it a bit when you read UEFA officials are exempt, it seems if you are rich and ''important'' this sh!t doesn't apply.
Why 300? Should be able to do It for around 100? Antigen at home plus amber tests for 80ish here?

Virgin galactic given green light to fly customers to space..anyone?

Why 300? Should be able to do It for around 100? Antigen at home plus amber tests for 80ish here?

I returned last month cost me over £300, pre flight test around £100 and the 2 & 8 day tests were £235 which had to bought from government approved list before landing.
Rip off.

I’m stuck In Turkey , stayed on the red list.
Numbers here are far better than the Uk

I want to get back to get my 2nd jab
Grant Shapps IAC
Travel indirect route?
Go to a better place on green/amber and travel from there?
Maybe get a boat to Greek island.
Don't know if possible but could be a way.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.