Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mentioned it more to highlight the modus operandi of Wes Edens, tbf.

...and there is still a 'pecking order' in the NBA, storied franchises, 'bigger' teams, 'level playing field' or not.

I also still think a well run club can close the gap considerably on the Super Six, especially if some of those clubs aren't run so well! ;-)
I think you're half way there :)

You guys do realize though it took City 4 years to build a squad capable of winning the title and there was no premier league FFP then either? People compare us now but it’s took over 10 years to this squad quality? And if you did qualify for Europe
With the current squad you would need to spend at least another £300m plus to cope with the champions league and extra quality required? No way Jack waits that long imo.
Good post!

Well that just reiterates my point about City having a fight on their hands if they DO want Grealish this window. Cheers! ;-)

The present system is set up to stop mid table teams mounting sustained challenges.

If you have an amazing season and finish 5th or 6th - that team will never get the chance to progress further.

1 you will lose your best player to established top 4 teams.

2 FFP means teams can never invest sufficiently to go to the next stage. City got established just before the drawbridge was pulled up.

3 you enter the Europa League which brings in little extra money but lands loads of extra games on a smaller squad.

The Europa League is guaranteed to have a negative affect of teams that don’t have the squads big enough and always see the following season slide down the table.

Villa will fight for Grealish and maybe he will stay - however, it’s a
he was telling his England teammates 2 weeks ago that he was defo leaving for City.

It would be refreshing if he changed his mind and did stay - and it looks like you have decent owners - but the ceiling is in place to stop you joining the Top 6 party which every City fan can tell you we watched being put in place to stop anybody else getting in in the act.

And a final point is that if he was joining LFC or MUFC the British media would be rolling out the red carpet for him.

You guys do realize though it took City 4 years to build a squad capable of winning the title and there was no premier league FFP then either? People compare us now but it’s took over 10 years to this squad quality? And if you did qualify for Europe
With the current squad you would need to spend at least another £300m plus to cope with the champions league and extra quality required? No way Jack waits that long imo.
Ignore that FFP is being relaxed due to *cough* various reasons, Villa have shown that they're able to compete with an average squad. They're not massively off a team like Spurs or Arsenal IMHO, all it would take is a couple of good buy in key areas. It's a big incentive for a local lad to be the guy who pulled Villa back into the big(ger) time.

Villa are in a similar situation to Everton and they’re hardly banging on the door of the top 4. Could easily see them hovering around 7th or 8th for the foreseeable with or without Grealish. Any player wanting to play at what is deemed a higher level would move. Even players who have consistently finished top 4 (Kane) want more.

Ignore that FFP is being relaxed due to *cough* various reasons, Villa have shown that they're able to compete with an average squad. They're not massively off a team like Spurs or Arsenal IMHO, all it would take is a couple of good buy in key areas. It's a big incentive for a local lad to be the guy who pulled Villa back into the big(ger) time.
Many teams have gone close before though like spurs, even Leicester, but they can't sustain it without big investment to keep building a squad to go with a good team.

No. Why? What have I said? I'm only responsible for MY comments.
You said this :-

“...aquiring two business savvy, ambitious, relatively wealthy owners can re-ignite ambition and hope among a supporter base, though...so there is that!”

And you said it like it is/should be, the most naturally accepted thing in the world and nothing wrong with it , I asked isn’t that precisely why Villa fans had an issue with us ?

To me, that’s hypocrisy , or are you going to go full dipper on us, and claim “it’s not the same when it’s us”, and somehow “different”, mate ?

:-) Sorry mate, but this is just a laughable 'understanding' of 'where Villa are'...and comparing the incompetent Lerner to these owners because one's America?? LOL!
The comparison that I was making was between where Villa are now and where they were when Grealish broke into the first team. A midtable club.

But American owners do actually seem to be very a like as it happens.

1. Already own an American sports franchise that is successful
  2. Make a lot of big promises when they first buy a soccer club
  3. Where the scarf for photo shoots
  4. "Embrace" the traditions of the club
  5. Borrow a lot of money against the club they've bought
  6. Take out way more money than they put in
  7. Try to fundamentally change soccer finances to suit the American Franchise model
  8. Throw toys out of pram when they don't get their own way
Where are your current owners at the moment? I'm guessing stage 5 but you lot probably just don't know that yet

Many teams have gone close before though like spurs, even Leicester, but they can't sustain it without big investment to keep building a squad to go with a good team.
They've all gone on to sell their best/better players in order to sustain themselves. That's the point and probably the reasoning behind Villa really wanting to keep Grealish. If you have literally any aspirations to get better, you can't sell your best players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.