Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wes Edens is also involved with the Milwaukee Bucks NBA team. They also had their own star man, coveted by many much 'bigger' franchises, as they call them in America.

They did everything possible to keep their man, and are now one game away from being NBA champs.

Villa won't let Grealish walk away without a fight. That's a fact.
I have no idea if Grealish will stay or not, think it could go both ways. But comparing keeping Grealish with keeping a player in NBA is just ridiculous. NBA has a salary cap, drafts and other things that evens the playing field to make sure all teams have a chance to compete for the title over time. Its very realistic that any well-run club can challenge for the title within a few years.

Since football and PL have no salary cap or drafts to even the playing field (FFP does the exact opposite), its very unrealistic that a club like Villa will challenge for titles (other than perhaps a surprise cup win) during Grealish career.

I have no idea if Grealish will stay or not, think it could go both ways. But comparing keeping Grealish with keeping a player in NBA is just ridiculous. NBA has a salary cap, drafts and other things that evens the playing field to make sure all teams have a chance to compete for the title over time. Its very realistic that any well-run club can challenge for the title within a few years.

Since football and PL have no salary cap or drafts to even the playing field (FFP does the exact opposite), its very unrealistic that a club like Villa will challenge for titles (other than perhaps a surprise cup win) during Grealish career.
It's just something for the Villa fans to hang onto.

I mentioned it more to highlight the modus operandi of Wes Edens, tbf.

...and there is still a 'pecking order' in the NBA, storied franchises, 'bigger' teams, 'level playing field' or not.

I also still think a well run club can close the gap considerably on the Super Six, especially if some of those clubs aren't run so well! ;-)

Last edited:

Lets just pray that salary cap is not even on topic in pl . Yes football does have salary cap just like in mls .I’ve watched mls from day one and I can tell you salary cap sucks hairy balls .

I am sure the five-year contract extension worth an estimated $228 million didn't make any difference...

Well that just reiterates my point about City having a fight on their hands if they DO want Grealish this window. Cheers! ;-)

WOAH

WOAH WOAH WOAH livin' on a prayer, what's that got to do with my comment? :-))

You guys do realize though it took City 4 years to build a squad capable of winning the title and there was no premier league FFP then either? People compare us now but it’s took over 10 years to this squad quality? And if you did qualify for Europe
With the current squad you would need to spend at least another £300m plus to cope with the champions league and extra quality required? No way Jack waits that long imo.

...and despite having ambitious owners (aren't they all) Villa really aren't any different to where they were when he was breaking into the team.
Aren't their current owners American? Who certainly have a different idea of how sports teams should be run. I remember Randy Lerner was hailed as a hero by the Villa fans around 10 years ago.

:-) Sorry mate, but this is just a laughable 'understanding' of 'where Villa are'...and comparing the incompetent Lerner to these owners because one's America?? LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.