Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Truthfully he would go with our blessing, and would get the deserved reception on his return to VP.

I think the reason Delph got abuse was he just signed a new contract and said he wasn't leaving and then within 7 days he'd gone, I think most fans regardless of who you support would be a little peed off.

Barry always got a great reception and milner also, I think it's how you leave, the other 2 were professional about it.

Regardless if the player is homegrown or brought in, I myself don't get attached to them, as at the end of tge day it's a job to them.
Barry always got a great reception? Far from it.

If Jack Grealish left he'd have a bit of understanding but you just know it'd end up bitter.

Think about it from a Villa fan's perspective:

Jack Grealish is a Villa boy and club captain. Not only that, but Villa are a seriously ambitious (tm) club who are definitely going to be up there with the big boys extremely soon, with Grealish himself playing the central role. Jack Grealish is being offered a huge deal by Villa standards to stay.

From a Villa perspective, there is literally no reason why he would leave. If he can wait a year or two he'd be getting all the same medals he would at City, with more money, more prestige, and more honour, with the glory of doing at your boyhood club as captain and star man. At City, he'd just be a bench warmer with a couple Carabao Cups and a bunch of regrets as Villa march towards dominance.

If he goes it'll 100% be spun as he left for money. That's the ONLY reason he'd join, would be the argument.

I see once again after we are linked to a player the no mark supporters of the club come out of the woodwork spouting the usual bollocks, villa a big club do me a fucking favour Wigan have won more than them in the last 20 years, and as for their spam owners give me strength they'll be bleeding their club dry soon enough.
Bang on. You know how it goes, Grealish stays at Villa for a season they hang around like a bad smell hoping that, on the off chance they beat us, they can offer some sage advice till the mask ultimately slips and they go too far and get banned. Grealish signs with us, they disappear like a fart in the wind, never to be sniffed again.

If Jack Grealish left he'd have a bit of understanding but you just know it'd end up bitter.

Think about it from a Villa fan's perspective:

Jack Grealish is a Villa boy and club captain. Not only that, but Villa are a seriously ambitious (tm) club who are definitely going to be up there with the big boys extremely soon, with Grealish himself playing the central role. Jack Grealish is being offered a huge deal by Villa standards to stay.

From a Villa perspective, there is literally no reason why he would leave. If he can wait a year or two he'd be getting all the same medals he would at City, with more money, more prestige, and more honour, with the glory of doing at your boyhood club as captain and star man. At City, he'd just be a bench warmer with a couple Carabao Cups and a bunch of regrets as Villa march towards dominance.

If he goes it'll 100% be spun as he left for money. That's the ONLY reason he'd join, would be the argument.
I would suggest the Villa perspective is severely flawed.

Grealish cannot get the same medals as City, there’s only one set of medals per season to hand out. As City fans we know that Liverpool and United aren’t going anywhere. Chelsea look really strong. Wolves and Everton are also ambitious clubs and I haven’t mentioned Spurs, Leicester or Arsenal. To suggest those lot are just going to give in and move aside whilst Villa somehow circumvent FFP and build a team to challenge is a stretch of the imagination I cannot make. They haven’t arrived until The Dippers hack their scouting system.

Genuine question, how do you sell Birmingham to a World class footballer? It sounds like I’m point scoring, I’m not. The Midlands hasn’t had much in the way of European football for a few decades.

If Villa are going to challenge in the way you suggest then it’s going to take at least five years of serious squad investment, and I don’t mean Norwich City players.

I would suggest the Villa perspective is severely flawed.

Grealish cannot get the same medals as City, there’s only one set of medals per season to hand out. As City fans we know that Liverpool and United aren’t going anywhere. Chelsea look really strong. Wolves and Everton are also ambitious clubs and I haven’t mentioned Spurs, Leicester or Arsenal. To suggest those lot are just going to give in and move aside whilst Villa somehow circumvent FFP and build a team to challenge is a stretch of the imagination I cannot make. They haven’t arrived until The Dippers hack their scouting system.

Genuine question, how do you sell Birmingham to a World class footballer? It sounds like I’m point scoring, I’m not. The Midlands hasn’t had much in the way of European football for a few decades.

If Villa are going to challenge in the way you suggest then it’s going to take at least five years of serious squad investment, and I don’t mean Norwich City players.
Well I guess that was the point of the post.

He was trying to show how deluded some villa fans can be

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.