CAS judgement: UEFA ban overturned, City exonerated (report out p603)

Is it true that the PL operate under UK law and as such that anything Pinto has obtained by illegal means would not be allowed in a UK court. The court of arbitration in Switzerland might have allowed it.

So it would not help the PL however much Pinto has to say?
Unfortunately not, from reading a few articles it would appear that only in America is illegally obtained material inadmissible.

Sorry but it's not true.

We have major PR issues, most UK, Spanish, Italians and Germans consider us to be cheats, via a vile press and media campaign which is clearly backed by "historical clubs with 'istory".

If you think it does not effect our standing in terms of sponsorship, I think you are simply wrong, it does.

What major International company would want to put hundreds of millions of pounds into a organisation that is considered "dodgy and has falsified its accounts" whoever false it has proved to be.

With the achievements of the club on and off the field, we should have sponsors knocking the door down to be involved with us.

Until the club stops these slurs, they will continue.

If we have nothing to hide and I believe we don't, then lets see some action from our club and owner.
You might want to rewrite that last sentence.
Your double negative suggests City are wrong uns.

Last edited:
Any “contract” (including e.g. terms of entry to a competition) can specify which arbitration procedure / court applies in the event of a dispute.
So the premier league rules could have specified the CAS to hear appeals, regardless of the fact it’s in Switzerland (international arbitration in this way is very common). Lots of sporting contracts have the CAS as final arbitrators, so I was surprised to find out the PL’s rules don’t.
What this means is that the Premier League’s arbitration panel is the final arbitrator for our dispute with them. It doesn’t mean there is no further appeal avenues - e.g. if the Panel clearly errs, or if it’s biased, or if there’s a procedural problem affecting fair trial, we can take them through the UK Courts. That’s why we took them through the High Court and then the Court of Appeal recently. In theory this should stop them from reaching a clearly perverse decision.
This imo is an important issue.
The adjudication and appeals processes both come under the Premier League.
So have City got rights of appeal to a UK Court both during the above processes and after they have been concluded?
City have already had one ( failed) appeal in Court which would indicate that they can appeal DURING the process. So if in a future scenario City were ( for example) asked to supply documents which in their view fell outside the scope of the Der Spiegel accusations, could they appeal this in a UK Court and delay the PL proceedings again?
And then finally if at the conclusion of the PL investigations City are unhappy with the final verdict do they have the right to challenge this in the Courts?
I'm hoping of course that none of this will be necessary and the PL will come to the same conclusion as CAS!

Sorry but it's not true.

We have major PR issues, most UK, Spanish, Italians and Germans consider us to be cheats, via a vile press and media campaign which is clearly backed by "historical clubs with 'istory".

If you think it does not effect our standing in terms of sponsorship, I think you are simply wrong, it does.

What major International company would want to put hundreds of millions of pounds into a organisation that is considered "dodgy and has falsified its accounts" whoever false it has proved to be.

With the achievements of the club on and off the field, we should have sponsors knocking the door down to be involved with us.

If we have nothing to hide and I believe we don't, then lets see some action from our club and owner.

I think it heavily depends on the market that is being aimed at by the sponsors (e.g. a company aiming to exploit Thailand probably won't care much how Italians feel).

I may have missed it, but I'm not aware of any potential sponsor turning City down. I wouldn't expect to hear of such things, though.

Sorry but it's not true.

1627393102763.png

=Here is a few for you, looks to be roughly a few billion worth there.

Stop talking shite. If it was a problem the club would sort it.

Taking no mark reporters to court gives more fuel to the fire. Imagine the tweets from Nick Harris then.

"OIL RICH CITY CONDEMN FREE PRESS" "ABU DHABI STAMPS DOWN ON REPORTERS" "PEP GIVES THE GO AHEAD ON NEWS BLACKOUT".

Some of the comments towards us from other fans on newspaper sites and in general on social media are vile and some border line racist towards our owners. It's absolutely disgusting to be honest.
It's clear their has been an agenda for 10 years and it's continuing now unabated.

I've had a season ticket last few years to carry on the memory of my Dad who died 3 years ago but to be honest i'm that fed up and appalled by seeing this "cheat" label every single fucking year. It's tiring and it's never ending.

I fully back us 100% but I feel like giving up on football and handing my season ticket in with this shit and with VAR
Maybe that's what these people want all along eh?
That would be giving in to bullies. They would have succeeded, can’t imagine your Dad wanting you to do that either!

View attachment 22052

=Here is a few for you, looks to be roughly a few billion worth there.

Stop talking shite. If it was a problem the club would sort it.

Taking no mark reporters to court gives more fuel to the fire. Imagine the tweets from Nick Harris then.

"OIL RICH CITY CONDEMN FREE PRESS" "ABU DHABI STAMPS DOWN ON REPORTERS" "PEP GIVES THE GO AHEAD ON NEWS BLACKOUT".
The fact remains that we have looked for a new shirt sponsor for 2 seasons at least and have employed an agency to finds us one.

They have not found one, which is surprising considering our success and our global reach with clubs inside the CFG.

The fact remains that we have looked for a new shirt sponsor for 2 seasons at least and have employed an agency to finds us one.

They have not found one, which is surprising considering our success and our global reach with clubs inside the CFG.
Well I don't know if its a case of not finding one or we want to keep Etihad and are giving them the chance to resolve things on their end to sort a new deal.

Considering the deal to sponsor us is a lot more than just sticking a logo on a shirt (CFG Sponsorships) it will take a lot longer than most.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.