Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why though with all the news outlets saying he’s going and we are now at final fee and payment structure stage? @BillyShears and @tolmie's hairdoo have direct links into the club who have both said on here that Grealish wants it and Billy has been told that Jack has turned down villas latest contract offer as he has his heart set on moving to city? I know you don’t want it to happen but you just can’t ignore is way more likely than unlikely?
Probably best to wait until the player has actually signed before thinking he's definitely ours. These snippets may well be in the best of faith and I've no reason to disbelieve them but things can change right at the death. Nobody saw the Laporte about turn coming - even @Ric said the club had done a load of prep work with regards to officially unveiling him, only for it not to happen (sure, I know we got him in a later transfer window but his last minute decision to stay at Bilbao caught everyone off guard)

You’re going to see a massive about face from the Villa press pack in the next couple of days. The message out of the club has shifted.

Do you think this part of the reason there's suddenly stories of 'crunch talks' and our first bid going in? It does feel like it's just being played out in the press for their benefit.

City, as ever remain silent on these things. But if Grealish was really staying, he could have ended the speculation via a quick tweet.

We've had last minute hitches with transfers that looked like done deals before, so until its confirmed there's always that element of doubt. But it does feel like this one is heading in the right direction from a City perspective.

Lads!!!!

I dunno if this has been mentioned but it is pure gold!

apparently the villa club shop have ran out of the letter E’s so they are currently unable to print any grealish shirts for anyone

hahahahaa

it’s happening ladies and gents!

I’m sure they’ll be substituting £ for the letter E soon enough ;)

It’s interesting to read Villa Talk.

Lets face it VT are, in the main, going to believe Jack is staying as that is what they want to happen.

Meanwhile, shock horror, BM posters believe Jack is coming to City as that is what we want to happen.

Honestly I change my mind most days. I try to avoid confirmation bias on here but it’s difficult!

Today my money would be on he is coming to City. I think there is obviously something going on and the very few reporters that we know are reliable with City info are saying the same thing that it looks close.

But the thing I keep coming back to is that if this were all nonsense and just press speculation I think Villa’s owners would have said so by now. A denial a player is leaving is never water tight but there hasn’t been anything from them at all.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen two sets of supporters who, in the main, believe they are so sure one way or the other. Someone has it very wrong and whether it’s us or them it’s really interesting.

I know people are annoyed at how Villa behaved at Wembley and reading their opinion of our club they have, like most supporters of other clubs, believed the press nonsense about how soulless we all are. They also understandably have no idea what the PL court case is about and genuinely think their owners can stop Jack leaving because we are about to be banned.

However, I won’t be gloating if we do get him. If someone pinched Foden I’d be gutted. We are lucky that our owners have ensured sustainable success which means that we sometimes can buy a player that would otherwise stay. Villa are not in that position yet.
More like it. Great post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.