General transfer rumours

Liverpool getting £12m from Fulham for Harry Wilson, who ended the season a benchwarmer on loan at Cardiff. More than we got from Leeds for Harrison who had a brilliant season in the Premier League. I don’t care whatever mental hoops people jump through to try and justify it, that is not good business.
Ended the season as a benchwarmer but has played over 30 times a season for 3 years in a row. Doesn't matter what you think, that is always going to attract someone like Fulham.

Its not good business except we got 11m for someone who cost us nothing, we have not paid his wages in years and has shown a path for us to pull players from NYCFC into Europe and make cash off them.

Iirc didn’t the Dippers go all Raggie about Harry Wilson a couple of seasons ago when he gave a World class cameo in the Carabao Cup against the Brighouse and Rastrick Brass Band.
To be fair we have done the same with some of our kids when playing in the early cup rounds.

To be fair we have done the same with some of our kids when playing in the early cup rounds.
Difference being we don't have ex players sat on TV banging on about how good they are. Which suprisingly seems to convince other managers and owners that it must be true.

Like how Brewster got lauded for winning the u17 world cup when in reality it was Phil who was the standout player. Amazing what a bit of media can do for someones career.

Difference being we don't have ex players sat on TV banging on about how good they are. Which suprisingly seems to convince other managers and owners that it must be true.

Like how Brewster got lauded for winning the u17 world cup when in reality it was Phil who was the standout player. Amazing what a bit of media can do for someones career.
All part of the agenda, as we are seeing with the resurgence of our FFP fights.

Until the club makes a stand , the onslaught will continue and as you have pointed out, it effects us on so many levels and issues.

I think we are just too nice when it comes to negotiate sell price. If they offer 10m and its really a deal could be made at 20m we accept 10m if player is happy to join than hold out for a fee, play dark arts negotiation tactics etc.

Sane for 45m great example. if Grealish or Kane had 1 year left on his contract for some reason we would still need come up with about 90% of the fees quoted right now.

we do great money by selling these CFG/youth players, but I am pretty sure we missing out on extra revenue on these.
Tosin Adarabioyo for meaningless 2m pounds, he played 30+ games for freshly promoted Fulham last season. if they would sell him now guaranteed 20m fee at least imo.

harrison for 11m when he helped Leeds to get promoted and then helped them for a PL midtable finish and could be a crucial player now for them for years.

yes we are not desperate fr extra money, but then we are very sensitive about agent fees when signing top class talent and walk away from deals if they are 10m than Txiki is prepared to pay. but when we sell we re happy to accept shit ass fees too we are not that sensitive on that side for some reason about financials.

Chelsea, Pool they can get very good fees for their unwanted deadwood and youngsters. And when they sell their top player like Hazard and Coutinho for top money, I wonder how much Barca and Real chokes on those deals now as Hazard is a cheeseburger guy now not an elite player since he left them while Coutinho could not play for mid table clubs these days.

I think we are just too nice when it comes to negotiate sell price. If they offer 10m and its really a deal could be made at 20m we accept 10m if player is happy to join than hold out for a fee, play dark arts negotiation tactics etc.

Sane for 45m great example. if Grealish or Kane had 1 year left on his contract for some reason we would still need come up with about 90% of the fees quoted right now.

we do great money by selling these CFG/youth players, but I am pretty sure we missing out on extra revenue on these.
Tosin Adarabioyo for meaningless 2m pounds, he played 30+ games for freshly promoted Fulham last season. if they would sell him now guaranteed 20m fee at least imo.

harrison for 11m when he helped Leeds to get promoted and then helped them for a PL midtable finish and could be a crucial player now for them for years.

yes we are not desperate fr extra money, but then we are very sensitive about agent fees when signing top class talent and walk away from deals if they are 10m than Txiki is prepared to pay. but when we sell we re happy to accept shit ass fees too we are not that sensitive on that side for some reason about financials.

Chelsea, Pool they can get very good fees for their unwanted deadwood and youngsters. And when they sell their top player like Hazard and Coutinho for top money, I wonder how much Barca and Real chokes on those deals now as Hazard is a cheeseburger guy now not an elite player since he left them while Coutinho could not play for mid table clubs these days.
I have had this conversation I don't know how many times. Without knowing the ins and outs you can't possibly know what we could have got or not.

Yes Tosin left for 1.5m but he was on 30k a week and we clearly had no other interest and we do right by the young lads. Chelsea keep players around for years, they have got some lads like Piazon who were around for 8 years before he left, that is just ridiculous.

Txiki is not the only man involved in this process, he ultimately brings the deals to the table and then it gets signed off at the various levels e.g. Soriano and Khaldoon. If we didn't want to pay the 10m in agents fees for X, its not because Txiki is a tight arse, its because the club have decided they don't want to do it (they haven't really done much wrong so I think we need to trust them here!)

I posted this a while back and still relevant;

For every Tosin at 2m there is a Harrison at 15m or Douglas Luiz for 15m which is 30m for about a 10m spend. With all the loan fees Angelino is more like 20m and the same for Harrison. Ihenacho at 25m when he cost us basically nothing. This summer we are looking at potentially north of 60m for players who have never stepped foot on the pitch at the Etihad.

Then consider the service we get out of alot of our players. You cant argue with the value for money with Fernadinho, Kompany, Aguero, Yaya, Zaba, Hart, Clichy, and many more that we kept for practically all of their best years and then let them go.

Hazard and Coutinho went for top money, we probably would have got top money for someone like Aguero as well if we really wanted to. Instead we kept them and we won trophies. As you say both Barca and Real have been burned on those deals and they are going to be very hesitant in the future I think, those transfers were just a perfect storm really. Barca had 200m in the bank so went mental and bought Coutinho and Dembele and Real were off the back of 3 CL trophies in a row, desperate for a galactico and Hazard openly wanted to sign.

We keep our best players and it pays off.

I eat a whole The Sun daily toilet paper if Chelsea ends up signing top CB potential Kounde from Sevilla for the quoted 30-35m pounds.

WTF, if we would be in him for him and even when rumours were high for him last summer it was 60-70m pounds.

Varane for 35m and Kounde for similar to our rivals just seem fishy to me. Cant see City charged less than 50-60m for them in case we would have been interested.

I rate Kounde very highly, similar potential imo to Laporte, Dias.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.