Harry Kane

Mate....look at his record against the top 6...go on..Ive posted it before...it pails in comparrison next to Kuns...Messi's is better and he doesnt even play in the same bloody league!

No i wasnt talking about world class stunners - Kane has a decent strike on him from distance...somethign very few of our players actually have at all.

I also said none of the ones I mentioned were better than Kane but are you telling me a decent striker like Clavert Lewin wouldnt improve his goal scoring in our team? Am i suggesting we should have Clvert Lewin over Kane - no im not but Im sick of people saying Kane will score loads in our team...of course he will but so would others.

Playing the likes of chelsea Liverpool or in the CL vs Bayern etc is vastly differnt than banging in 3 or 4 against he likes of huddersfield. ...nothign to do with nets or the ball changing (though they actually use a different ball for the CL as opposed to the premiership so maybe thats Kane excuse ;-). )
Sorry mate but this is a bit of a silly argument. It's similar to "if George Best was such a good player then how come NI never did well?"
Kane is a top goal scorer. We need a goal scorer. For many reasons as stated by others and myself but also to help KDB, Phil etc to stay fit. KDB simply does not play as many minutes if we have a number 9 getting the game won early on.
And yes, others are going ng to improve this season and I see Kane as being the best we can get for 3-4 years service.

Because when spurs play the better team they don’t have enough possession at city he will he will get the chances he doesn’t get at spurs against the top teams!
Sorry but that is over simplifying it....we may have lots of possession against even the best but chances created are a different thing altogether.
Sorry mate but this is a bit of a silly argument. It's similar to "if George Best was such a good player then how come NI never did well?"
Kane is a top goal scorer. We need a goal scorer. For many reasons as stated by others and myself but also to help KDB, Phil etc to stay fit. KDB simply does not play as many minutes if we have a number 9 getting the game won early on.
And yes, others are going ng to improve this season and I see Kane as being the best we can get for 3-4 years service.
Ive never sid he isnt a top goal scorer....infact Ive said the opposite that he is.
But its against the very best the the true greats show themselves....Spurs arent exactly shit (hey were more defensive under PEG of course) but under Poch they were a very good team.
Absolutely agree on the KDB bit...I think KDB is far better deeper anyway that as the false 9

Do you not think the club would have thought about this when they were weighing up a move for him? Do you not think Pep would have demanded him as much as he apparently has if he thought he'd be no good in the big games?
Do you not think that at times even the best make mistakes....you can point to many at any team in any leagye managed by any manager.

Plus, its all just opinion anyway

Do you not think that at times even the best make mistakes....you can point to many at any team in any leagye managed by any manager.

Plus, its all just opinion anyway
I mean fair enough, but when was the last time City spent big on someone and it didn't turn out great? Mendy and Ake you could argue haven't looked it yet but they've both been hampered by injury. All the others, at least since Pep arrived have been good.

Nothing wrong with you having an opinion btw, just expect a debate or two! :)

yer right, from a club that took out a £200m government loan, i cant believe the press think the public are gullible enough to read belie this stuff. City certainly arnt.
A loan which has already been payed back...
Arsenal also took out a loan and payed it back, have already spent close to 80 million this summer..
Tottenham are the 10th richest club in world football, this is fact,hardly the poor little club some on here making out to be. The stadium debt some love to bring up is to be payed back over 30 years, and the amount which is payed back a season pales in comparison to the revenue the stadium makes, hence why since moving in the club has spent more on transfers than ever before...

I mean fair enough, but when was the last time City spent big on someone and it didn't turn out great? Mendy and Ake you could argue haven't looked it yet but they've both been hampered by injury. All the others, at least since Pep arrived have been good.

Nothing wrong with you having an opinion btw, just expect a debate or two! :)
More than up for a debate (though the odd person on here clearly aint but couldnt care less about them)

Id say its not about spending big....prices are inflated and the football transfer market has always been crazy and just (imagine spending millions of pounds to ensure the services on a human being....does it happen anywhere other than sport and does it happen to the extent in any other sport other than football? ---Basketball, American Football?)

Im not sure even in these other sports that the prices for the very best are anywhere near as high as football - its become all very unrealistic if you ask me but thats another discussion.

For me its about on the pitch getting the right player....form me the prices are just irrelevant. .....Mendy was a terrible buy and I know a lot of people use the excuse of injuries but I thought he was awful before that happened.
Ake needs to prove himself as well I would agree.
Bravo was another poor one
Nolito was another.
Garcia was another poor choice by Pep (nothing to do with spending big or not) - just not good enough.

Pre pep (same people in charge however with transfers there were even more...Jesus Navas being one who springs to mind, Fernando being another.

All clubs, managers get transfers wrong...we are not immune...do we get the majority right....of course we do but we arent perfect either.

Arsenal also took out a loan and payed it back, have already spent close to 80 million this summer..
Tottenham are the 10th richest club in world football, this is fact,hardly the poor little club some on here making out to be. The stadium debt some love to bring up is to be payed back over 30 years, and the amount which is payed back a season pales in comparison to the revenue the stadium makes, hence why since moving in the club has spent more on transfers than ever before...
how did you manage to pay back 200m in a year with a massivle reduced revenue?

You didn’t ‘pay it back’. You took out an even bigger loan of £250m to cover it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.