Harry Kane

I accept that Kane is a brilliant player and would improve our team but we also need to strengthen in other areas. We have still not found a replacement for Fern. We have seen the impact Kante is having for Chelsea and France. Could Kalvin Phillips do that job for us? He was brilliant against us for Leeds this season. It is a question of priorities for me and a protracted saga over Kane would damage us in my view. We have other fish to fry.
I think our replacement for Fernandinho is...Fernandinho for one more year. There isn't a ton of options out there and perhaps we give the likes of Rice another 12mths etc to see how they develop. I think we are all in on a striker, Grealish if Bernardo goes and if Laporte goes we see a short term option e.g. Ramos or we just pay the fee for Pau Torres or someone to get it over and done with quickly.

Phillips is in there with Rice for me, just see how they keep developing.

City also think highly of Lavia who is very young but maybe hes a break out superstar, some cup game time this season and see how he gets on.

There is no chance of City paying anywhere near £150m for Kane because of his age and injury record. You are right to question the competence of Levy. The way he has handled the managerial situation is laughable. The press used to paint Levy as some sort of financial wizard. I have never bought into it. If Spurs were smart they would have funded the new stadium in a way which didn't damage the long-term future of the club. Joe Lewis has enormous cash reserves.
In my view Levy is stupid enough to spin out negotiations with City just to save his face. City will walk away but we need to do it sooner rather than later. Haaland is one of the few players (along with Mbappe) who is worth £150m. Chasing Kane is a waste of our precious time.
That's quite an assumption....although i know your basing it on what we've paid in the past, you have no idea what we would pay for any player, we may pay £150m for Kane.
Haaland and Mbappe 'worth' £150m? City may not think so.....they may well see Haaland as worth the same as Werner/Jovic....who have done pretty much the same as Haaland in Germany.

I think our replacement for Fernandinho is...Fernandinho for one more year. There isn't a ton of options out there and perhaps we give the likes of Rice another 12mths etc to see how they develop. I think we are all in on a striker, Grealish if Bernardo goes and if Laporte goes we see a short term option e.g. Ramos or we just pay the fee for Pau Torres or someone to get it over and done with quickly.

City also think highly of Lavia who is very young but maybe hes a break out superstar, some cup game time this season and see how he gets on.
We've been looking at Locatelli haven't we? and his performances at the Euros so far wouldn't have dampened any interest we had in him I wouldn't have thought... Although his price tag my have increased by a few million.

We've been looking at Locatelli haven't we? and his performances at the Euros so far wouldn't have dampened any interest we had in him I wouldn't have thought... Although his price tag my have increased by a few million.
Apparently but unless something unexpected happens I would be very surprised if we threw another 40/50m at a midfielder.

Agree about Phillips and Rice.....if either were half as good as they've been made out to be this past week, the euros should be cancelled and the trophy given to England.

We have one priority this summer and that’s to buy a proper out and out number 9 and Kane is that player. If it means we pay more than fans are happy with (not sure why they give a shit it’s not their cash) and means that he’s the only player we bring in then that’s what we will do.

Any other business will be one in one out e.g Grealish probably will come in if Bernardo goes.
We won't win the CL until we address the lack of pace in central midfield, especially in the defensive area in front of our backline. We scored over 100 goals last season in all competitions without a striker. I agree that we do need a new number 9 but we can't ignore the way we are repeatedly exploited by teams with pace. Just bringing Kane in will not be enough.

Agree about Phillips and Rice.....if either were half as good as they've been made out to be this past week, the euros should be cancelled and the trophy given to England.
I would have them both ahead of Rodri and a previously world-class but now ageing Fern. I base my view on how they played against us this season for their clubs well before the Euros started.

I accept that Kane is a brilliant player and would improve our team but we also need to strengthen in other areas. We have still not found a replacement for Fern. We have seen the impact Kante is having for Chelsea and France. Could Kalvin Phillips do that job for us? He was brilliant against us for Leeds this season. It is a question of priorities for me and a protracted saga over Kane would damage us in my view. We have other fish to fry.
Imo for years our problem was scoring more. I know it sounds ridiculous, especially when our 3 CDs made such a big difference last year and we are often top scorers as a team. But imo the defense is only so important because we fluff so many chances and struggle to break down resolute defenses. If we get the front right imo everything else will fall into place.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.