Seasoncard - 2021/22

To be fair this issue is all over other forums and Facebook but it really only impacts on matchgoing hard-core supporters. In a sense it doesn't really matter how many people are upset about it (I think it is probably a significant portion). As a club we can't afford to lose any of our paying customers. This is a fragile time for football clubs (even big ones) following a pandemic and the reputation-damaging Super League row. The country is very divided at the moment and we need us City fans to stick together.
I agree it should be phased in slower and people given a choice, they might yet be given one, I just don't think it will cause most people the hardship, that a thread like this give the impression. I don't doubt there will be problems at the start. I also think this time next year the whole thing will be forgotten as we get used to it.

This is another in a long list of changes the club have made without really showing much consideration for those at the edges. Their way or the highway, adjust or piss off seems to be the club's view.

Difference with this change is that it mainly affects those not technologically advanced and also those who share tickets amongst family and friends. More likely to be longer established fans, of an age and long histories with the club. Longstanding ST holders who travel distance and share on occasion are more likely to be disenfranchised and this will be another straw.

Mobile tickets is all about profit maximisation (selling seats not sharing them) and data (marketing). Given the way City introduce most things I foresee hassle. Entry into the ground will only ever be as quick as the slowest person in the queue.

I’m all for mobile ticketing because it works better for me on multiple levels. Being able to transfer a ticket digitally at short notice is a game-changer as far as I’m concerned as it means my seat won’t go empty when last minute work commitments mean I have to miss a home game which usually happens once or twice a season. I’m not looking forward to all the teething problems at the first few home games but that’s just the nature of the beast with City and new technology. The club rarely gets it right straight away but I’m happy to give them a little time.
But the way it’s been introduced is pretty shoddy. Mobile ticketing should have been optional for this season and been in place alongside traditional cards. Everyone would then have had 12 months to digest what the new changes meant rather than three weeks. I’ve every sympathy for those who this affects but the impact could have been lessened considerably with a full season of explaining what would be coming in August 2022, what it would mean for everyone and how various issues could be resolved.

I've not asked everyone either but judging by the many comments and given that the core of our support are probably in the 50+ age group I'd say it's unpopular amongst many.

It's not a point scoring or popularity contest though is it? It is clearly causing unnecessary stress and concern amongst, without asking all of them of course, a large proportion of our fanbase. As both the phone method and a plastic seasoncard do the same thing, open a turnstile, I can't see why people who want to continue with the card can't.

The phone method is being enforced upon us and because you don't have a problem with it doesn't mean it's right.
I am in the 50+ group as are all my friends who are S T holders and out of the 17 on our whatts app group only 1 is unhappy about not having a pice of plastic . We need to produce less plastic not more and use alternative products

This is another in a long list of changes the club have made without really showing much consideration for those at the edges. Their way or the highway, adjust or piss off seems to be the club's view.

Difference with this change is that it mainly affects those not technologically advanced and also those who share tickets amongst family and friends. More likely to be longer established fans, of an age and long histories with the club. Longstanding ST holders who travel distance and share on occasion are more likely to be disenfranchised and this will be another straw.

Mobile tickets is all about profit maximisation (selling seats not sharing them) and data (marketing). Given the way City introduce most things I foresee hassle. Entry into the ground will only ever be as quick as the slowest person in the queue.

See that seems like the main benefit to me, it will be miles easier to let your friends go on your ticket, you can transfer it to their supporter number online.

No having to hand it over/physically meet up.

I am in the 50+ group as are all my friends who are S T holders and out of the 17 on our whatts app group only 1 is unhappy about not having a pice of plastic . We need to produce less plastic not more and use alternative products

What's a phone made out of? Also the club choose to keep on sending new cards out every year. Surely the technology is there to just upgrade old seasoncards every year? They can do this when you purchase cup tickets.

The phased in approach with a card as an option this year similar to evertons model was the sensible option.

I something that has pissed many off is that those that asked for a card alternative were being told they would get one by the ticket office when they rang to enquire.

The ticket office were either uniformed which is shoddy from the club, or the club lied to supporters to fob them off until full details were announced.

Either way the have been unecessarily vague instead of being clear

Last edited:
Is anybody selling a season ticket? Or is there many spare at ticket office. How much they cost ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.