Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sure this is going through now, he has so much to gain by the move that he won't get by staying with Villa. That is in no way to be disrespectful to Villa but football is a short career.

He has 5 or 6 years where he can be challenging for the highest honours playing in one Europe's top teams and learning under Pep.

The question is does he want to be a LeTissier or Shearer where they play for their boyhood club at the expense of Medals or does he take his chance now?

I think that’s about right, too. But, when you add the Homegrown label, you have to place a premium on him, which gets me to about £70M, plus some PL & CL win and England appearances add ons. Maybe if we have to pay £5M if he wins the CL with us, and we do it 6 times, then I might consider £100M reasonable!

;-)
Where’s the context. White for 50 million. United have just paid 70 plus million for a man with zero premier league experience. You ignore me because you can’t come up with a reason and instead of accepting reality you just repeat shite. He’s English, years left on a contract and the selling club do not have to sell. Add to the city extra we always seem to have to pay and bang you get your price and close to it. It’s not hard to understand is it. By all means disagree with it but to not understand it is stupidity

The majority of them over at Villa talk seem confident he's going to sign a new contract. Surely we'll hear something either way by this evening
It’s a win win really. If he comes to us we get a great player, if he doesn’t we save a shed load of money to spend elsewhere, with the added benefit that Chicago Blue will stfu and stop saying the same thing

I am sure this is going through now, he has so much to gain by the move that he won't get by staying with Villa. That is in no way to be disrespectful to Villa but football is a short career.

He has 5 or 6 years where he can be challenging for the highest honours playing in one Europe's top teams and learning under Pep.

The question is does he want to be a LeTissier or Shearer where they play for their boyhood club at the expense of Medals or does he take his chance now?
Does he want to play with superior players under Pep? Does he want to make sure he is in full consideration for the World Cup; will playing for City make this more or less likely?

Okay, transfer fee debate aside. How exactly does buying Grealish smack of desperation? Let's not even consider Bernardo staying or going. You've admitted yourself it's not a problem we really have, so maybe, it's not desperation, rather ruthlessness and further improvement where possible?
Fans of other clubs don't think it looks like desperation, they're shitting themselves. They can recognize that City have built a squad where there are only about 10 players in the whole league who play elsewhere who noticeably and obviously improve us the second they sign. Of those, we are in for the 2 who could leave because they don't play for Chelsea, Liverpool or United.

Where’s the context. White for 50 million. United have just paid 70 plus million for a man with zero premier league experience. You ignore me because you can’t come up with a reason and instead of accepting reality you just repeat shite. He’s English, years left on a contract and the selling club do not have to sell. Add to the city extra we always seem to have to pay and bang you get your price and close to it. It’s not hard to understand is it. By all means disagree with it but to not understand it is stupidity
Fair points, Tom. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.