It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only if bernardo leaves will we be able to speak honestly about his performances for the last 2 seasons which have been subpar.. But people can't let that 3-2 game vs liverpool in 2019 go

and with all due respect to sterling's sublime tournament he needs to prove once more he can put the last season behind him and preform to the level he's clearly capable of. i believe in him but he has to recognize how much of a liability he was on the pitch whenever he played for basically most of the season!
Bernardo played an instrumental part in all of our trophy winning seasons. The team is complete both offensively and defensively when he is on the pitch. His unselfish nature is a rare attribute that not many footballers posses. You do him a great disservice.

Oh and he can’t stand the dippers which it in self tell us about the man.

Just because JG is arriving does not mean we can be disrespectful towards one of our own.

I believe we already have better than Grealish at the club...Bernardo being one of them, foden being another, Kdb certainly is and you can add sterling to that as well (considering he plays from the left last season)

Kane will do well....I have no doubt but he wouldnt be my choice

Unlike some my happiness doesnt revolve around football (or even City). Ive supported them all my life (since the early 80's) so in a way the fact that my happiness doesnt revolve around football means Ive been quite lucky in that respect. Believe you me, Im very very happy generally and just love debating football.
Unfortunately it looks like Berny wants to leave

Pep has always said knock on my door if your not happy

I love Berny but imo his best seasons were not the last 2 although he did find some decent form from Decmber onwards
Do not underestimate what Grealish can & will offer
Right now imo Grealish starts before anyone down the left inc Sterling
Gundo to be used sparingly & to keep fit
I feel for Torres & Jesus both I would send out on loan

True, but not as sad as when Aguero or the other Silva left.

Point is it's definitely tough and I sympathise who is upset, but we'll be get by.
Of course we will but I have a feeling that Bernie will be the 1 that got away prematurely.

Outside influences can have a huge impact.

Earlier I said “I hope he falls down the stairs”
My apologies I would like amend that statement.
I hope he falls down the stairs and someone pushes a piano down after him.
best thing we can do is just laugh at them.
Why……does……..Kaveh Solekhol…….. do really…………annoying …… dramatic pauses……….completely…….out of………….context?

Perhaps he wants to be the most annoying, obnoxious Sky Sports Presenter / Reporter? The competition is stiff. Gary Cunterhill and Bryan Pilsbury Dough Boy Swanson to name but two are ahead of him.
because he doesn’t know what he’s on about, he’s making it up as he goes a long hahaha

@simon23 again, not sure I agree. Bernardo hasn't been anywhere near his best for a few years now. I rate the lad, but at the moment he's absolutely replaceable and Grealish is an upgrade in terms of goals, assists and just being able to unlock defences. I think Bernardo has to play in every game to get up to speed, but I don't think he's made himself undroppable if you get me.

In terms of Kane, again he's not playing in a top class team. Aguero is my all time favourite City player and I'd have kept him on for another season, but he's gone and we need another striker who's of similar ability.

Kane's record - playing for a worse team than City - is as good as Aguero's and his assist numbers are top class. I don't honestly know who else we could buy who comes close to Kane. Maybe Haaland, but he's never played in England? Lewandowski is of a similar age to Aguero and hasn't played in England.

Realistically, the only players who are proven in England, have similar stats to Aguero and are probably available are Kane and Ronaldo. I don't know who else has played in the PL who is as good as Kane, Aguero or Ronaldo - that's the level we're talking about!

Of course, I've not gone through Kane's list of who he's scored against but when I've seen him play against us, it's abundantly clear he is absolutely top class. I hope we sign him because Aguero has gone and Ronaldo won't come!

Of course we will but I have a feeling that Bernie will be the 1 that got away prematurely.

Outside influences can have a huge impact.
Fair enough. I won't try past this to make you see differently, but we have so many potentially world class players losing 1 won't be the worst thing. It's like Sané.

If you've got a personal affinity to him then sure, makes sense that this'd get to you more. But for as much as I really admire him as a player, I've got 20+ other players to be excited about at the club if he goes to not make too sad about the whole thing.

I'll miss him 100% of course.

Why……does……..Kaveh Solekhol…….. do really…………annoying …… dramatic pauses……….completely…….out of………….context?

Perhaps he wants to be the most annoying, obnoxious Sky Sports Presenter / Reporter? The competition is stiff. Gary Cunterhill and Bryan Pilsbury Dough Boy Swanson to name but two are ahead of him.
Is that fat faced fuck still on Sky? Cant stand the ****

@simon23 again, not sure I agree. Bernardo hasn't been anywhere near his best for a few years now. I rate the lad, but at the moment he's absolutely replaceable and Grealish is an upgrade in terms of goals, assists and just being able to unlock defences. I think Bernardo has to play in every game to get up to speed, but I don't think he's made himself undroppable if you get me.

In terms of Kane, again he's not playing in a top class team. Aguero is my all time favourite City player and I'd have kept him on for another season, but he's gone and we need another striker who's of similar ability.

Kane's record - playing for a worse team than City - is as good as Aguero's and his assist numbers are top class. I don't honestly know who else we could buy who comes close to Kane. Maybe Haaland, but he's never played in England? Lewandowski is of a similar age to Aguero and hasn't played in England.

Realistically, the only players who are proven in England, have similar stats to Aguero and are probably available are Kane and Ronaldo. I don't know who else has played in the PL who is as good as Kane, Aguero or Ronaldo - that's the level we're talking about!

Of course, I've not gone through Kane's list of who he's scored against but when I've seen him play against us, it's abundantly clear he is absolutely top class. I hope we sign him because Aguero has gone and Ronaldo won't come!
I agree Bernardo hasnt been at his best but i thought last season he was coming somehere near it again.
It willbe interesting to see how grealish does with being rotated and not being first pick every eyar (even without Bernardo in the squad as no one is a guaranteed starter besides Ederson)

I wouldnt say Kane is anywhere near Agueros ability....Kun scored goals that Kane can only dream of. People keep on about assists bt we dont need that from Kane so its a bit of an irrelevant point for me.

For me we should wait for Haaland (next years release clause) if we have decided that we wont pay the money for him this season...someone is going to get a bargain next summer.
His record against the top 6 which ive poseted previously isnt great with only Lecister and Arsenal being teams he has scored lots against. .....Spurs fans have also in the past been critical of him going missing against us.

What I do know is that when Ive seen Kane in the line up against us Ive not feared him at all...infact it was Son I was more concerned about and he is a player I would have had from Spurs and still would (think he has just signed a new contract so moot point)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.