Welcome Jack Grealish!

Cú Chulainn lifted the stone
Brian Boru fought the Vikings
Jacky Grealish is a clearing in the woods

I wonder if he will be similar to Mahrez in that it takes him a while to fit into our system. Both were big stars at their respective clubs but it is only the past 18 months or so that Mahrez has really delivered for us.
The only signing who’s had a great first season under Pep has been Dias. It took the entire squad a year to get used to him and his tactics when he first arrived, and it usually takes new players a year to do the same.

Pep said when he first came, [paraphrasing] “the hardest thing to do is to learn to play the way I like to play, for me to get the team playing the way I like to play. It is much easier to play defensive football, for the players and a manager. To play attacking football with intensity is much more difficult”.

One player in 5 years has had a great first season. And while Grealish is a decent player, it’s not like he’s at Yaya, de Bruyne or DSilva standard so we will have to be patient, because the media and Villa fans won’t be (they’ll love it if he doesn’t hit the ground running, and it’s likely he won’t).

Can't remember the last time a transfer was 2nd on the headlines on GMB. Even had a reporter outside god's own.
It really is a huge transfer this.

I feel soiled by being a City fan, I am embarresed by this.
Soiled? U ok hun? We could have bought 2 £50m players and neither of them improved us. We've bought a class player and he's joined us not for money, but because he wants to become a better player and win trophies. I'm excited to see how it pans out. And the best bit is United paid a nice chunk towards him with the Sancho money.

Not a fan of Simon Stones by any means but back in 2008 that that paragraph was basically true
It's totally unture. We paid £32.5M for Robinho which at the time was a British transfer record. The first £50M Premier League player was Fernando Torres 3 years later.

He's either shit at his job or done it on purpose to get a reaction

Soiled? U ok hun? We could have bought 2 £50m players and neither of them improved us. We've bought a class player and he's joined us not for money, but because he wants to become a better player and win trophies. I'm excited to see how it pans out. And the best bit is United paid a nice chunk towards him with the Sancho money.
I don’t know what he means by feeling soiled and embarrassed at the transfer I personally felt it was very exciting.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.