Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would too when I am dreaming but I think Messi is compromised now. He is at walking pace off the ball and when his team gets it they give it to him and he switches on. It may work for Barcelona to an extent but we couldn't go to Anfield like that.
Could with him as a false 9

It Hasn’t they just changed it to a four year monitoring period that’s the only official statements regarding ffp been reported unless you can post something to that it has been suspended..
The 4 year thing is one of a number, those measures include this year that is assessed next summer. So they have changed the rules through to next summer. But are also 'in consultation' on new rules;
I think in general rules must always evolve. They have to adapt to the context in which clubs operate. The break-even rule, the way it works now it looks backwards: it performs an assessment of a situation in the past [looking at profit and loss over three previous seasons]. The pandemic represents such an abrupt change that looking to the past is becoming purposeless

I know this will sound incredibly naive but why won’t Messi play for Barcelona for free for a couple of years ? He’s been at the Club for 21 years and has probably earned hundreds of million during that time. He doesn’t need the money but it looks like his Club does. Doesnt he owe them ? I know loyalty is an overrated commodity these days but this would be a great time for Mr Messi to demonstrate some.

Effectively he’d be paying them £50m as that’s what he’d be able to earn elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.