Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.

They can try all they want, but they can't afford him without breaking the FFP rules. You can't have Ramos, Donnarumma, Gini, Mbappe, Neymar, Di Maria and Verratti in your team and expect to also sign Messi. It's never going to happen. If they do sign Messi, they would have to sell Mbappe and a few other players to make it work. That would take too long for it to happen. Not to mention, no other team can afford Mbappe this summer.

I think City is the only place that can afford him.

Why doesn’t messi just sign for 2 years with Barca & accept that. Makes no sense any of this unless his plan was always to walk away

I completely understand that but these are exceptional circumstances. He certainly doesn’t need the money (net worth somewhere north of £300m) but Barcelona are skint if you believe the reports. How about deferring his income ? As much as I’d love to see him in a City shirt I really think the right thing for him to do is help out his Club when they need him.

You never know what the future has in store for you, no one gives away 50m.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.