#5 | John Stones - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The common opinion has been that Dias & Slabhead make Stones look a good player maybe the opposite is true and its Stones who makes Dias and Slabhead look the part , Stones certainly made Mings look a far better centre back for a couple of games. Dont for one minute expect anyone to agree , but Stones contribution has been vastly underrated at the Euro's.
And at City.

Can anyone more tech savvy than me make a wash up of John Stones King in the North picture?

Have a few pals who completely wrote him off not long back and i revel in his renaissance

How great is Pep? Under any other manager, Stones would be done. Pep kept the faith... watched Stones carefully in training - and stuck by him through his off-field and thus exacerbated on-field difficulties.

Stones is now a world class defender - within the top 5 or so. A far cry from his nadir when most fans, a year or so ago - myself included - would not trust him to start.

How great is Pep? Under any other manager, Stones would be done. Pep kept the faith... watched Stones carefully in training - and stuck by him through his off-field and thus exacerbated on-field difficulties.

Stones is now a world class defender - within the top 5 or so. A far cry from his nadir when most fans, a year or so ago - myself included - would not trust him to start.

Under another manager, he might not have taken 4 years to fulfill his potential; he cost £50m because he was one of the most talented young defenders in Europe.

Hopefully he manages to get himself back in the team soon - on merit, he should be first choice by default, but we’re now pandering to Laporte’s ego, and Stones’ laid back demeanor makes him the easiest to leave out. We have to be very careful we don’t end up back to square with one with him; hopefully he can get a couple of England games under his belt, then come back and be given a chance in the next game for us.

The Stones-Dias partnership was the most enjoyable part of last season; it felt like authentic City for some reason. Perhaps it’s because of their respective vulnerabilities - Stones’ psychological issues have previously hindered his elite natural ability, whereas Dias’ intensity compensates for his technical and physical limitations. The way they merged to become the catalysts of our success validated it for me.

Hopefully he'll start for England tonight. Could do with him getting a couple of games under his belt to get his sharpness back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.