Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Maybe they will replace the dead plants in the next 10 days ???? Who knows ??

Do we have any stats on whether other clubs have flaky paint on the perimeter of the stadium ? Of course they don’t cause they don’t have an equivalent of City square or the stage showing pre match entertainment.

I find it mind boggling that people are arsed.

Maybe its just cause I’m with the other 50k + that don’t go anywhere near City Square on match day so are really not arsed if the area is painted or not.

Maybe it’s because it hasn’t been used for a year so saving the money and concentrating on other areas.

Maybe it’s because they are about to invest big time in redevelopment of the area?

Not sure myself but happy to trust to the club owners to do the right thing

just to give some context the entire external works package for the stadium was £10m pound - lets say £30 in todays money. Comparable chicken feed to transform the are. City square looks absolutely grim. Am i allowed to say Gary Cooke would not have let this happen?
Your not allowed to say or think that.

We can spend 100s of millions on players/wages but have no right to want our stadium exterior and surrounding area looking smart and tidy and suitable for the Champions of England.

The club should be ashamed at how they have let the area decline and you qite correct it would not have happened under Garrrys watch!

Maybe they will replace the dead plants in the next 10 days ???? Who knows ??

Do we have any stats on whether other clubs have flaky paint on the perimeter of the stadium ? Of course they don’t cause they don’t have an equivalent of City square or the stage showing pre match entertainment.

I find it mind boggling that people are arsed.

Maybe its just cause I’m with the other 50k + that don’t go anywhere near City Square on match day so are really not arsed if the area is painted or not.

Yeah, we know what you think. Rinse and repeat.

City strive to be the best on and off the pitch, so we're told. In some cases we are. In other cases we aren't. The up keep of the stadium and City square doesn't suggest that. Go to the CFA. It looks immaculate from what is shown of it. TV, drone footage, pictures, etc.

City fans and other football fans from around the UK, Europe, and the World arrive at the Etihad and City Square via Metrolink. What a great first impression of the stadium and fan facilities City Square is.

I'll leave it at that because you'll carry on arguing the toss just for the sake of it. While the overwhelming majority who read this thread agree City Square's appearance is a disgrace and embarrassing.

Last edited:
At the Etihad now.

Note the broken concrete around the drain covers. The plants in the planters are dead and dieing. The rust effect on the paint work. The general shoddy and unkept appearance of City Square. Even a general level of maintenance would have kept City Square looking presentable.

PXL-20210811-101602049-2.jpg

PXL-20210811-101627073-2.jpg

PXL-20210811-101655537.jpg

PXL-20210811-101720254-2.jpg

PXL-20210811-101754982-2.jpg

PXL-20210811-101807443-2.jpg

PXL-20210811-101921195-2.jpg

PXL-20210811-101949423-2.jpg
That is very poor, who is responsible for even the general tidyness around the stadium.

We should offer to come and sort it out, if the Club provide the materials and refreshments.

Your not allowed to say or think that.

We can spend 100s of millions on players/wages but have no right to want our stadium exterior and surrounding area looking smart and tidy and suitable for the Champions of England.

The club should be ashamed at how they have let the area decline and you qite correct it would not have happened under Garrrys watch!

There is the chance that the decision makers aren’t even aware.

They look after the corporates. I’m not expecting anything special for us normal fans but that…..there is no excuse. Unacceptable. Imagine showing the sheik around there and saying look at how your money was spent in this area!

That is very poor, who is responsible for even the general tidyness around the stadium

We should offer to come and sort it out, if the Club provide the materials and refreshments.
We're one of the richest clubs in the world, not Stockport County. The fans shouldn't have to fix up the stadium

There is the chance that the decision makers aren’t even aware.

They look after the corporates. I’m not expecting anything special for us normal fans but that…..there is no excuse. Unacceptable. Imagine showing the sheik around there and saying look at how your money was spent in this area!
Ferran and co I would agree, but Danny Wilson?

He must know what state it is in!

At the Etihad now.

Note the broken concrete around the drain covers. The plants in the planters are dead and dieing. The rust effect on the paint work. The general shoddy and unkept appearance of City Square. Even a general level of maintenance would have kept City Square looking presentable.

PXL-20210811-101602049-2.jpg

PXL-20210811-101627073-2.jpg

PXL-20210811-101655537.jpg

PXL-20210811-101720254-2.jpg

PXL-20210811-101754982-2.jpg

PXL-20210811-101807443-2.jpg

PXL-20210811-101921195-2.jpg

PXL-20210811-101949423-2.jpg
I just hope they’re not using last year’s beer for the Norwich game.

Around the Ground and city square looks in a sorry state from those pictures...I guess no fan interaction for 18 months has been the cause of that. Hopefully city can share a few ££ to clean it up in the short term.

Ultimately with the new arena and planned north stand redevelopments the whole area will be different in "3" years time maybe. I would like to see a box park idea with an integrated fan zone, shop, bars, food and tram access.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.