Harry Kane

I'm genuinely perplexed that any Blue at this point doesn't reckon that this deal was made pre-Kun-announcement and that what we are currently watching play out is face-saving theatre to allow the move to be after the Spurs opening game against us and for Levy to have deals for replacements in place... or the excuse that it is too late to find players now because he really didn't want to spend it on players all along.

Seems obvious to me... but I suppose that come Monday I may be mistaken.

Other than this being completely bonkers, when Pep said Spurs didn’t want to negotiate what he was saying was wrong? I mean he could have just said “we like Kane and hope a deal can be done”, didn’t really need to add the bit about not wanting to negotiate at all really, unless it was true of course and your theory is, well, completely bonkers.

To be honest, mate, this is a reasonably tolerant forum of visiting supporters. I know of forums where the atmosphere is so toxic that there are simply never posters from other clubs. RAWK is one of them. I stopped looking at RAWK several years back.
And while we're on it, you may be interested to hear this. I registered on Glory Glory to wish you all well against the dippers in the final of the CL. I had to put the club I supported. Normal enough. I put Manchester City. Imagine my astonishment when I found that my post had transformed Manchester City to Emirates Marketing Project. Which means that either the software is programmed to do that, or a mod intervened to do it. Now I know that some of you refer to us as that. That's your prerogative. We refer to a club over in Salford as the rags, and another club over at the end of the Mersey as the dippers. Fair enough. But it got up my nose, and I never posted again. Like many on here, I've followed this club for decades, from way before the Abu Dhabi takeover. I'm not oversensitive to banter from other clubs, but we can't be reduced to just that, and it made it look as though I was going along with it.
Anyway, nothing to do with you, of course. You're welcome on here. And I can promise you that neither Ric's software nor a mod will alter the name of the club you support. Even Liverpool supporters, when they venture on here (usually to slag us off) are identified as supporting Liverpool F.C. It's just assumed that everyone knows that they're dippers…
Just to let you know that anything that comes after “imagine my astonishment “ is usually funny and your story was no exception ;-)

I think most are welcome if its kept sensible and it was nice to read insight from ‘the other side’

think this is a one off offer from both perspectives.
kane either leaves now or sees his career out at spurs and city either buy him now or never.

i think we can all sleep easy til after weekend as i just cant see the deal being done before the game.
next week is a big week pal. If kane is serious, he needs to put in a transfer request, if city are serious they need to make an official offer, if levy is serious (doubtful) he needs to be realistic (doubtful)

on another note, what are spurs fans opinions on Levy ? In general
Saying Spurs fans opinions on Levy are mixed, is an understatement. There are the 2 extremes and everything in between. The ‘Levy Out’ and ‘Enic Out’ lot shout the loudest, but don’t mistake that as being the majority. One thing is for certain, he always does what HE THINKS is best for the club. Commercially etc he is one of the best in the business and what he has delivered on the training ground and stadium front is undeniably exceptional. The biggest frustration for me personally has always been not investing in the team at the right moments. Many occasions we have felt we are close to something special, but that final push never came from him/the owners. All the foundations are there now though. The long term future of the club looks very bright financially. NFL deal, boxing/concert deals etc from the stadium. Match day revenue is the biggest in the league. It feels like it’s set up for a big buyout in the near future.

Other than this being completely bonkers, when Pep said Spurs didn’t want to negotiate what he was saying was wrong? I mean he could have just said “we like Kane and hope a deal can be done”, didn’t really need to add the bit about not wanting to negotiate at all really, unless it was true of course and your theory is, well, completely bonkers.
Of course what Pep said was accurate. You imagine that Spurs actually did want to negotiate? Can't imagine that they were happy to at all...

Or Pep is in on it and bought Spurs more time…. sounds a crazy theory but Khaldoon and Levy are good mates by all accounts So you never know!

Spurs fan here. Doubt I’m very welcome but thought I’d risk posting in the effort to give some information from what we are hearing from the Spurs side of things.

I’m sure a lot of you are as bored as us with how long this whole thing is dragging out, and how each day a new journalist pops up claiming that ‘Kane wants to join Man City’ is somehow breaking news. Everyone has known that since the Neville interview on the golf course.

I’m guessing you have your own set of ‘itks’ like all clubs, and some are complete WUMs, while some are very credible. Well the most credible Spurs itks have all been fairly consistent on this whole saga:

• Kane wants to leave and only wants City
  • The whole thing has been a mess from the very beginning due to the incompetence of his agent and Brother Charlie
  • Charlie got completely ahead of himself providing completely fabricated information to City of how much it would take to get Harry out of Tottenham
  • It’s widely accepted by both clubs, agents and journalists that Charlie is well out of his depth and if anything, been a complete hindrance to any deal being completed. His wedding stunt made the City side furious, and just plain baffled the Spurs side.
  • Tottenham ONLY WANT A CASH DEAL. As you can imagine there are multiple reasons to this. 1) the players City put forward are very unlikely to want to join Spurs in the first palace. 2) on the off chance they do, their wages would have to be matched or even improved to join Spurs, which would then cause a big issue with certain players in our current squad demanding parity. 3) in ‘swap deals’ the 2 clubs often have very different views on the value of players. 4) Tottenham have a new DOF who has complete control of transfers (with the exception of Kane) and is working to a plan with a set list of players, and there are no City players on that list.
  • So far, City have not offered a straight cash deal. There have only been proposals and player exchanges plus cash, which have been dismissed out of hand for reasons stated above.
  • The last 48 hours meetings between spurs and Harry’s team has resulted in amicable discussions. Harry obviously reaffirmed his desire to play for City and Pep. However the club made their stance very clear, he should be prepared to stay unless City stump up an acceptable cash only amount. His team understand this.
  • New contract very unlikely unless specific clauses added (doesn’t take a genius to work out what they would be - see Grealish)
  • Unlikely to be anymore public stunts from Harry after the late show to preseason. The public backlash again was something half-wit Charlie didn’t anticipate. Even the FA weren’t impressed after sponsors were getting agitated.
  • Good news for us all, some are saying that there has been a deadline put on all of this. City have to come up with the cash by the 23/24th to allow Spurs a week to do their business.
  • At the moment City aren’t expected to do that unless they can sell first.
  • Everyone has a different opinion of what the magic number is.

Another FYI in terms of Spurs spending and transfer funds.

• We have currently only spent £21M. The CB Romero deal is a loan with option to buy for £42M next summer. Some media seem to be reporting we have spent loads already, don’t get sucked into that narrative.
  • Spurs have reduced our wage bill by around 500k pw with our outgoings of Bale, Alderweireld, Lamela, Rose, Vinicius, Hart, Foyth.
  • There are also rumours that we are sitting on an announcement (maybe stadium naming rights) that would see us have more money to spend that people would expect. Obviously the reason for delaying any announcement like that is to help negotiating for our incomings.

Take it all with a pinch of salt obviously like all ‘itk’ information (I’m sure a lot of you will dismiss it all). None of it is from me so don’t shoot the messenger. I just thought some of you would want to hear both sides of coin.
As long as you post sensible stuff like this you’ll always be welcome here.
I pretty much agree with your assessment of the situation.
The only thing I would add is that Levy is playing a dangerous game too as I very much doubt Kane will be worth as much as he currently is in next year’s transfer window. He’s a business man and this is his best chance of maximising his profit. I doubt he wants this transfer to go tits up from a financial standpoint. Put in other words I think Levy needs this transfer to go through in this window given what’s happened to date.

I don't think this deal is going to be as easy as some make it sound. We are not going to pay straight up 100M after signing grealish. I think we are waiting for some transfers to generate cash. Also who knows what levy wants for kane. If he wants 150M+ we will just drop it.

Cool story.

For one so knowledgeable, it seems strange you haven't been able to tell us just how much this magical "cash figure" is that Spurs are asking for / will accept.

Hmmmmm.
Unfortunately I think you’ve missed the main point to me posting. I never said I was ‘knowledgeable’. I am most certainly not claiming to be an ‘itk’. I literally explained I was passing on the information that we had seen from credible itks on spurs forums etc. Up to you whether you think it’s trash or not, it’s no insult to me buddy

I don't think this deal is going to be as easy as some make it sound. We are not going to pay straight up 100M after signing grealish. I think we are waiting for some transfers to generate cash. Also who knows what levy wants for kane. If he wants 150M+ we will just drop it.
calma

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.