Harry Kane

At the start of the summer we were debating whether he was worth 100m. 120m, you were mad to even suggest that, that it would be asked let alone that we would pay it. We were going to land our man, it was going to be for nowhere near 120m, that was just a high figure kane haters used to claim high price.

Now we are debating whether he can be got for 150 or 160m. And generally think if we get him for that including addons we'd have done well.
And really, Levy has done nothing but sit and wait. Yeah, some myth that he is a good negotiator.
Depends what we pay, don’t think anyone ever thought we’d pay less than £120 mill though . £120 plus add ons has been fairly accepted by most of us. Which is fine.

Another little bit of information from me, this time purely my opinion on the player I have watched since he was playing in our youth team. Should you sign Harry Kane, please don’t worry about him being ‘injury prone’.

In his senior career he has only had 4 ‘bad injuries’ (keeping him out for more than a month).

Biscuit ankles or similar, is what many people tag him with. It doesn’t really tell a proper story. He has had 3 bad ankle ligament injuries.. all coming from being tackled awkwardly. I’d assume you lot can remember one of them from Fabian Delph in the CL QF 1st leg. I’m sorry but if anyone’s ankle gets caught in that position, the result is an ankle ligament injury. The other 2 ankle injuries were from similar incidents. These 3 impact injuries are bad fortune, not the result of having weak ligaments.

His 4th big injury was a complete freak. As he was knocking on an offside goal he pulled up with what looked like a tweaked hammy. It turned out it he ruptured his hamstring and required surgery. As you can imagine Spurs fans freaked at the time because it was so innocuous. There were reports from medical experts at the time saying it was a 1 in a thousand injury.

I suppose it depends on your definition of ‘injury prone’. But for me Harry certainly doesn’t fit into that category. It’s not like he picks up loads of training ground niggles etc. For me an injury prone player continues to get multiple different injuries season after season. Harry played around 60 games last season for club and country!

Furthermore when he does get injured, he always seems to return before the expected date, which is a testament to how hard he works behind the scenes.

It’s the one remaining negative tag that rival fans throw at him, because he has proven every other myth wrong with his performances season after season. If you do end up signing him, quite simply THERE ARE NO NEGATIVES. I really can’t emphasise this enough. But then again you will all realise that very quickly if you get the pleasure of watching him for 90 mins week in week out.

Although Harry Kane wants to move, I don't think he's "desperate" to leave Spurs.
He wasn't forced to sign a long contract, he was happy to do so. Spurs want him to stay for the full term and I see no reason to think that he wouldn’t stay if a move to City falls through.

Kane isn't stupid. Levy isn't stupid. City aren't stupid. Common sense suggests that Spurs will stick by their guns and only sell if the asking price is met.

Whatever anyone else thinks is a "fair sum" for Harry Kane, the simple fact is that the only people who can decide what figure equates to a "fair sum" are all sitting in the Spurs Boardroom.

Kane will only sign for City when City pay the full asking price. We're not in the driving seat in this deal.
Considering what’s on offer for him at City compared to Spurs, he absolutely should be.

You could be describing the red mardarses there.
I've said on here before... We are fortunate to have owners who don't have to rely on debt.
There aren't many big successful businesses who don't rely on debt. It's called managed debt.

The rags may well be riddled with debt, but it's being managed. That's why they still spend big on players and wages. Time will of course tell whether or not their debt is being well managed...

As Peter Swales once said... As long as the business is worth more than the amount owed, there's no problem.

Capitalism at it's finest :-)

I

Yes but they've also got to take into account an offer of £100 million plus just won't happen again. He may have 3 years left on his contract but his value will reduce significantly over time. This is their one and only chance of some serious money for him and the player himself wants to move too. Only one outcome in my own personal opinion.
That's irrelevant as his value is obviously greater than that now. If they get an extra season out of him and get back into the CL places and he leaves then the CL income might well cover anything they lose on a potential transfer anyway.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.