Spurs (A) | Post-Match Thread

I miss us playing fast attacking football. I'm sick of us slowly working our way up the pitch, passing it wide only to stop and pass it backwards and we then work the ball to the other side where it's rinse and repeat until someone hits a hopeful cross miles above everyone's heads.
totally agree, this is how I feel. it has become tedious and boring to watch for a while now

Apart from the first 15 mins that was a poor performance. Tbh I didn't think we would win, City looked totally undercooked and it will be a few weeks before we are firing. Mendy was beyond crap and is a liability, but we all know that don't we.

Jack looked good in patches and I am confident he will turn out to be a good signing.

how will Sterling and Grealish fit in first eleven in the long run? Grealish was clearly running into same position as Sterling making Sterling to go more inside but then we pretty much lose the pace of Sterling out wide.

I would hope Grealish plays from left, Sterling from right and Kane centrally because Mahrez for me is not worth keeping as Sterling in bad form still scores more than Mahrez overall imo.
Only this

Biggest take away for me is that Rodri is the most important player in the squad now.

I knew Mendy wasn't good enough, I knew we didn't have a striker and Ferran would go missing, I knew Sterling would be poor after 3 days training and grealish wouldn't be great after 1 week at the club.

But the complete lack of defence on the transition is both new and frightening.

You cannot question Ferns desire or commitment but Spurs ran through our midfield like there was nothing there. He cannot cover the ground anymore. He was giving away stupid fouls because he knew he was out of the game if a pass got made or he was just late to the ball.

We arent going to buy a new defensive midfielder, so we need Rodri to be world class in the position if we are going to win anything this season.

Rodri is not, and never will be, world class.

The reason we had to renew Fernandinho is because Rodri isn't good enough. He isn't the undisputed number 1 in his position despite his only competition there being a 36 year old Fernandinho.

If Fernandinho struggled with the pace of that game today, and how end to end it was, imagine how Rodri would've fared. Fernandinho's legs are going, Rodri's never had any to begin with.

We need a number 6 as a priority, been saying it for ages. It should be just as big a priority as a number 9 as far as I'm concerned.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.