Harry Kane

On today's showing Kane would need to win the ball in midfield ,pass it out wide run across and collect it , then cross it to himself in the box before rising to score. Not sure he's got all that in his locker.
Or put a clause in his contract that mendy, Ake, cancelo and Torres can’t be on the same pitch as him

I am guessing that you agreed to lose as part of the deal.

Otherwise why would the second best team in Europe lose to a team that (according to you lot) is worse than Villa?
Don’t worry mate, even pre-takeover we’ve won a league title more recently than you and I’m sure you’re in the category of shouting ‘where were you when you were shit?’, probably at your tv as I can’t imagine you were at the game.

If and when we sign Kane I’m sure you’ll be nowhere to be seen. Enjoy today’s win, in the grand scheme of things it’ll mean very little in your charge toward the europa conference league again… battling with Villa.

Yeah this is a good point. Torres can't play false 9 in fact. He's not a midfielder like Gundogan, De Bruyne, or Bernardo, and he's not a striker who can come deep like Jesus.

It's not a knock on Torres to say that he can't come deep, but it's just not his thing. He's actually got really smart movement for a makeshift striker, and you can't fault the effort. But when you need someone to come short he's not really the guy.

That's where Kane comes in. He can do both. Play as a regular forward, or drop in deep if necessary. He can be as false or real as a 9 as you need him to be.
Very well put, it feels like he’s in no mans land, I’ve no doubt about his talent it’s just fitting him in, for want of a better way of putting it.

The Kane story raised Spurs and damaged our own forward play. What was Pep doing not playing a forward against Spurs? It works when you have Foden and KDB but they were out. It was unlikely to work when you don't have midfield runners. Grealish, Mahrez and Sterling got wide a few times but there was no one arriving in the box.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.