Is left back really a problem?

Some transfers simply don't work out, admitting the mistake it seems is hard in this case, why?
West Ham bought Haller for supposedly 45m.
Wasn't scoring enough and had lost his place in the 1st team.
Sold him for half his purchase price. Job done.

West Ham bought Haller for supposedly 45m.
Wasn't scoring enough and had lost his place in the 1st team.
Sold him for half his purchase price. Job done.
It all adds up to losses. Evident now as they haven't spent anything in the transfer window.

I don't like making one of our players a scapegoat but the errors that Mendy is making are schoolboy. A prime example was piling into Son and giving away a needless foul in the corner. That is nothing to do with his injury either .

I would like to see us take a punt on Josh Doig from Hibs. Great young left back.

Alternatively could give Aké a few games at left back - can't be any worse than he has been at centre back!

Our expectations are now so low with Mendy. It would be nice to just have someone who is steady and dependable and is decent on the ball (basically Zinchenko) - But like you say there must be one we could pick up for 20/25 mil either in the championship or Scotland - It's about time our Scouts found some hidden gems in the lower leagues eg. Robertson

Going forward next season - I'd love us to go for someone like Digne or Tierney
Bang on mate

I would like to see us take a punt on Josh Doig from Hibs. Great young left back.

Alternatively could give Aké a few games at left back - can't be any worse than he has been at centre back!
Maybe a little too raw. He’s certainly got the physique and drive, but not sure about his stamina fitness yet or whether he’d have the finesse to play at the highest level. Needs to go up a level elsewhere first.

We've gone through Delph, Mendy, Danilo, Angelino, Cancelo and Zinchenko - 2 of those are/were converted midfielders, one didn't want to stay and was expensively replaced by another and one was deemed not good enough. One has been injured extensively and is not up to the required standard after costing a huge fee.
A problem position that has existed for over 5 years but now looks in need of urgent attention.
You’re missing Laporte and Ake from your list.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.