Is left back really a problem?

I dont see why buying a left back has to be tied to ZInchenko being sold. Why not give Zinchenko a go at his natural position in attacking midfield? He can also play defensive midfield so you might actually solve 4 problems at once

I dont see why buying a left back has to be tied to ZInchenko being sold. Why not give Zinchenko a go at his natural position in attacking midfield? He can also play defensive midfield so you might actually solve 4 problems at once

He sees him in training all the time, he's clearly not good enough to play ahead of our other players there.

LB isn't his "natural" position, at all.

Ake looks the best option

Negligence? In Mendy,Cancelo and Ake,we have spent 150m on players who can fill the role.

Mendy looked superb at Monaco,you can't blame the fact he has turned into an injury prone lemon on our DOF.
He had injury issues at Monaco.

Cancelo and Aké are not left backs. Its not hard, we need proper LB not players who can "fill in". Txiki does need to realise this quickly.

He had injury issues at Monaco.

Cancelo and Aké are not left backs. Its not hard, we need proper LB not players who can "fill in". Txiki does need to realise this quickly.
My point is he gave Pep 50m to buy a left back and we chose Mendy as he was amongst the best about at the time - that isn't negligence,is it?

I think we sign a LB in January. Mendy obvs can not be trusted (whether his fault or not) to stay fit. Ake and Cancelo are good solid covers but that position should be addressed. I think we will be fine until January but hopefully then we can get someone.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.