It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looked like abuse from where I was standing.

Called him a racist and got the FA to ban him and chase him out of England.
He was racially "abused" from the standpoint that he is a foreigner in England, he is Portuguese, and wasn't given the benefit of the doubt that would have been afforded to say a Harry Kane, Wayne Rooney, or a Stevie G....

He was pretty much used as a pawn in our politics as played out on social media.

It was crazy, unforgiving, ruthlessly hypocritical stuff. Wake up from that and see the Little Englanders waving flags, playing out the politics, and telling all the Europeans it's time to go home? I'd have felt exactly the same. He was a guest in our country, talking to a friend. And then we picked up on it, made a big deal out of it, and turned it into a staging point for extremely cheap, pretentious, two-faced hypocritical political posturing.

Basically unforgiveable in any culture to treat a guest like that. So obvious to me that people don't get the human thing at the centre of it. A bunch of self-obsessed little narcissists. Even now City fans constantly fail to defend him properly like they ought to for a friend, because the need to maintain political posture gets in the way every single time.

He is ruined by it. Our idol and friend. And all we can say is, "They didn't call him a racist!" "I've been laughing for 3 minutes."

Good luck to him. You all suck.
I actually think it has nothing to do with politics. Anyone with a genuine interest in the political side of the discussion would involve themselves in that discussion and not just label him a racist.

It's all tribalism. Fans of other clubs hate City, so if they have any opportunity to do this they will. If, for instance, David de Gea had done the same thing there would be people calling him a racist, constantly, on here.

I am going to have to invoke the woke amendment on this: I am offended that the poster is not offended enough that Bernie suffered abuse from the racist media ;)
Look, I suspect there's something to your point, but you worded it pretty poorly. Hence the fun.

I think Summerbuzz above has covered what I assume were points similar to yours, but in a more deserving way to the argument you were at least trying to make.

Look, I suspect there's something to your point, but you worded it pretty poorly. Hence the fun.

I think Summerbuzz above has covered what I assume were points similar to yours, but in a more deserving way to the argument you were at least trying to make.
Point remains he was racially abused.

Lose Bernardo and Sane for Torres and Grealish. I get it’s hard to stop players leaving if they want to go but I think we have downgraded and wonder why 2 match winners who had big impact in the bigger games became unhappy??
How often has Bernardo been a match winner for us in the past 2 years?

Keeping a player for another year instead of bending backwards in the market is the better move.

I mean, you dont sell valuable assets for bargain fees just because they are unhappy.
Will be a shame to see Bernardo leave, but didn’t he want to leave last summer, so we’ve already kept him for another year?

How often has Bernardo been a match winner for us in the past 2 years?
Nearly every time KDB has been injured. When he plays, his ball retention, workmate & closing down adds so much to the team for me

Granted he doesn’t create as much as KDB or score that many, but he’s such an important part of the team when he plays, he’ll be a big loss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.