Harry Kane

That's a biased and arrogant view.

As a team, a vast majority of players would love to play in this team, but some of those may not want to live in the UK, Manchester etc, not everyone thinks English culture/lifestyle is a dream.
Like all of us, career choices are not only dependent on who the employer is. We have to be happy with where we live, our family has to be happy, and moving, in itself, is a big deal, away from schools, family, friends, and so on. Moving countries and we then throw in the weather, culture, and language into the mix; it is a very big deal for many people and certainly not only about sporting success.

Personally, I am happy if he comes but not at all bothered if he doesn't. I think we have enough with Torres, Jesus, Sterling, and Delap. Not just enough, given faith I feel they would absolutely thrive. Add Grealish, Foden, and Mahrez into the attacking mix and we have class all around. Kane would score a hatful in our team but one focal point is not necessarily where it's at, in my view.
I hope your right and in 90% of games we do now probably have enough.

It's the big games that are the issue, the games when you get one chance and it has to be taken, that's when we miss a quality goal scorer the most.

We looked great yesterday but just like last week at Spurs, let's not over exaggerate the result/performance.

Looking more dead by the day this deal now. Be really disappointing if we don't get a striker in as we've had long enough to sort one as we knew Kun was going last April.
Let's say you want to buy a new car and you have been waiting for it to be released with a new reg. The only problem is that it is more than you can afford but it is the only one you want.

Do you borrow more money knowing you are going to going into the red on your budget or do you wait knowing there is a chance that the sales quota needs a sale and what you offered could meet that target near the end of the month deadline.

In all forms of buying and selling there will be negotiation, the exception being where release clauses in place that are affordable.

City will have a budget and if that means walking away then that is what will need to happen.

Obviously if they can sell someone then that offsets and helps further negotiations but personally I don't think that will happen

Like all of us, career choices are not only dependent on who the employer is. We have to be happy with where we live, our family has to be happy, and moving, in itself, is a big deal, away from schools, family, friends, and so on. Moving countries and we then throw in the weather, culture, and language into the mix; it is a very big deal for many people and certainly not only about sporting success.
Exactly , for a lot of player it's a job and for a surprising amount of players it's a job they don't particularly enjoy, they do it for the money, like a lot of us in jobs we don't like.

Ferna giving updates on Brazilian TV lol. "Depends on some financial movements," in case we didn't know that already :)

Straight from ferns mouth we have to sell before we can buy. Coupled with mullock’s article last night I think it’s becoming pretty obvious unless we find a buyer for Laporte or Bernardo we will go with what we have. Explains why we haven’t upped our offer.

Let's say you want to buy a new car and you have been waiting for it to be released with a new reg. The only problem is that it is more than you can afford but it is the only one you want.

Do you borrow more money knowing you are going to going into the red on your budget or do you wait knowing there is a chance that the sales quota needs a sale and what you offered could meet that target near the end of the month deadline.

In all forms of buying and selling there will be negotiation, the exception being where release clauses in place that are affordable.

City will have a budget and if that means walking away then that is what will need to happen.

Obviously if they can sell someone then that offsets and helps further negotiations but personally I don't think that will happen
If you walk in to the Rolls Royce dealer and ask how much, you probably are in the wrong garage.

That's a biased and arrogant view.

It was a bit more lighthearted than that.

But comic deliberate bravado for effect aside though, I do honestly think we as a club now are a serious draw for players. I don't feel apologetic at all about that.

edit. I now feel the need to point out my 'we turned messi down' had a hint of sarcasm as well.

Straight from ferns mouth we have to sell before we can buy. Coupled with mullock’s article last night I think it’s becoming pretty obvious unless we find a buyer for Laporte or Bernardo we will go with what we have. Explains why we haven’t upped our offer.
Still find that slightly hard to believe.

Would Kane not be more important than signing Grealish?

I like your theory but I'm just amazed we don't have any backup options in place. For all we know there may well be, but with nine days left in the window it's not looking like it

It was a bit more lighthearted than that.

But comic deliberate bravado for effect aside though, I do honestly and think we as a club now are a serious draw for players. I don't feel apologetic at all about that.
Mbappe is a classic example, wanted to play in a Pep team but not play in Manchester/UK.

Totally agree we are a huge draw, as seen in the quality of players this club has brought in over the last 10 years, but location/lifestyle is still a major issue.

Some right off Barca and Real, stupid, both those clubs have enormous pulling power, on and off the pitch.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.