It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
nevertheless, we should go for this option if kane doesn't happen. We can be really confident, and still recognize we're dealing with a snake in Daniel Levy who will go back on his promises last minute. We cannot allow ourselves to stay without a striker, and so I still think we should go for this full force if we simply can't get kane. It would be negligent to not be prepared for this.

Ronaldo is finished at the very top.

Juventus is not the very top - City are.

Ronaldo is not good enough for this City team.

I'm sure City know who they are dealing with in Levy, but it still remains nothing more than Brinkmanship.

Let's see how his arse holds up if it goes to transfer deadline day.

Playing him for a few late minutes today was such a predictable move to try and force us to blink first. I hope our Big Dogs have more nerve than half this thread

Agreed. It was cynical in the extreme, seen it all before.

If he picks up a bad injury then Spurs are fucked, just like we were with Sane.

I'm sure City know who they are dealing with in Levy, but it still remains nothing more than Brinkmanship.

As a stop gap option surely he could do the job for a season or two. I think even now he could easily get 20 league goals and score some imporant champions league goals?

You don't think an exception could be made for Ronaldo, though? He's not any player, pretty much earned his status.
Think Pep would value finishing chances and winning trophies higher than the self-sacrifice bit, as we've got enough players doing that.

No exception. Same reason he fucked off Ibrahimovic, he can't stand that type of ego in his dressing room, irrespective of their talents.

People have questioned why Pep values Kane so highly?

It's every bit as much about his character off the pitch as his goals on it.

on the ability part, respectfully i disagree. he just finished top goalscorer in the euros. sure, you can say penalty merchant, but I think he has more than enough to give us a season of top quality!

a case can be made like you say on the personality part! but like you said how levy might be sweating on deadline day, ronaldo could be sweating too. he seems desperate for a club. we could get him on a lot of conditions regarding his behavior.

No thanks. He looks like a wax work, he’s selfish and arrogant and frankly almost finished. It’d be a circus.
Not for me. Better to get him for a year than playing without a number 9. Ofcourse we can get kane it's fine. But he can be a presence in box and score penalties. Also will give the team confidence in big CL games.

on the ability part, respectfully i disagree. he just finished top goalscorer in the euros. sure, you can say penalty merchant, but I think he has more than enough to give us a season of top quality!

a case can be made like you say on the personality part! but like you said how levy might be sweating on deadline day, ronaldo could be sweating too. he seems desperate for a club. we could get him on a lot of conditions regarding his behavior.
and after he signs, you wouldn't expect him to revert to his norm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.