Harry Kane

We know for a fact that Grealish did not ask to be #10. He didn't even know he'd be #10 until he walked into the dressing room on his first day.

If we gave Grealish the biggest shirt number in football, completely unprompted by him, and it's now having any impact on the Kane deal, then whoever made that call fucked up big time.
Think it's bollox but if that's true then fuck me crying over a shirt number of be thinking of the number of trophies not a fucking shirt

If I was to ask you, before all this, whay number does Harry Kane wear? Would you know immediately without hesitation?
Yes I know his number but that's because I watch the premier league. But I also don't think Bruno Fernandes at 18 is losing out on a shit load of revenue because of an unpopular number.

The only way the number works is if there are people who take the attitude of 'well my favourite player is Kane but I only wear 10 so I must have Grealish now.'

I'm sure we would all agree that out succession strategy has been abysmal really - we were lucky with Silva as we had Phil but how long did it take us to find an able replacement for Vinny when we knew his injury track record and the fact he was on his last legs? Unfortunately it seems to be groundhog day when it comes to planning efficiently for our players leaving, we're in the same situation with Aguero and I have no doubt we will be in the same situation with Fern, Walker and KDB.

I really don't have an issue with us paying a sum that suits both parties but if we are on the fence about the fee replacing our record goal scorer with who will probably be the record goal scorer domestically then I don't see that as unfortunate, I see that as a failure at board level to get the right personnel in when we need it and doing so in preparation of key players leaving.

The whole situation screams of ineptitude, its almost as if we had a single name to replace Aguero and then we're unhappy that Spurs aren't selling him to us. The board knew Aguero wasn't getting a contract extension and at that exact moment, there should have been a list of able replacements drawn up and the relevant staff members should have been able to analyse which 3 or 4 would be the best fit and available at a price that both clubs and our budget and then go out and negotiate. Instead, we have pursued a single striker who has years left on his contract, is employed by a renowned tough negotiator while we've watched Messi and Lukaku move and claimed we're not interested.

I will be delighted if we get Kane but it shouldn't be downplayed how horrendous our strategy has been for years.

Oh dear me. What a stupid post. Over the last few years We lost Yaya; Zab; Vinnie; David; Kun; The General (Otto) sane; ALL world class players

BUT we replaced them with young talent; Torres; Cancelo; Bernardo; Foden; Mahrez, Stones; Dias Laporte - and have blooded academy players

And these players have continued to win trophies for us.

Name a club that has over several years have lost such great players; replaced them despite difficult FFP rules AND WON MULTIPLE TROPHIES

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.