Cristiano Ronaldo

Status
Not open for further replies.
He wants out of Juve and Juve want rid.

His agent has been and still is in Manchester trying to sort out a deal for Bernardo.

Our main striker option has just fell through.

I meant it's not the most far fetched idea ever, maybe mendes is able to work some sort of swap deal with juve for bernardo.

Commercial side would be massive, wages could probs be spread over 4 years, 2 years in manchester and 2 years in new york?

2 years playing with and learning from ronaldo could be a massive for delap, you could find him hitting haaland numbers 2 years from now.

I'm not really getting any expectations up or anything, but this wouldn't be the most far fetched deal.

CR or Lewandowski, I approve the deal for any of them if it is sent to me by Txiki.

We need a top scorer as i dont trust Gundo again providing 10+ goals in PL, or Sterling instantly finding his form from years ago, Jesus better off from wings, Mahrez can become FFS anytime, Grealish never were too strong in scoring, he will imo end up between 6-7 goals in PL.

we have bunch of creators but almost no one with a heavy killer instinct front of goals and pens. CR or Lewa would provide that for us in the short term, while we can go and find Aguero long term replacement. would be a big risk to trust in Torres and false 9 system again, a risk might not worth taking given our rivals will want our blood this season and all became stronger.

a 1+1 year deal for CR or 2 year deal for Lewa, both would work perfectlz and I guarantee both would score 25 goals in PL unless some hard injuries.

Totally agree with this, I don’t see why there is such faith in what we have given how obvious our one weakness was last season. It is clear to anybody that although we have superb creative players, we don’t have anyone who is a reliable finisher. Look how many chances we fuck up, and scuffed weak shots, missed one on ones, it’s bloody criminal.

It’s actually wasting the skills and work of our team not having a cutting edge. It must really frustrate Pep too.

I agree Kane wasn’t worth £150m, but we desperately need a proper finisher. Even Ings would have done, given how many chances we create. Torres, Sterling, Bernardo, Jesus, de Bruyne all seem to have finishing as the weakest part of their game.

Just saying, this looks so much like last window. All eggs in the basket for Koulibaly, no plan B or C in sight, get close to the very end of the window, still don't agree on a price, then appears the Lord and Man City/Txiki/Pep saviour Jorge Mendes, works out a blinder sending Otamendi to Benfica and Dias coming to us.

I see this again now, all eggs in basket for Kane, no movement, back out, Mendes in town, convinces that we're getting a good deal, we get Ronaldo, win-win. The worry is Mendes usually gets these types of deals done, and we could lose out on one of the players suggested going to Juventus. The fee isn't difficult to pay, the wages are negotiable and Ronaldo will know that if he wants a move at 36 he will need to take a pay cut.

I hope that's not the case, but if it is, It shows an enormous shift in our transfer policy, time will tell if for better or worse.
Ronaldo at potentially 1/10th the price, with Foden and Jesus around him to press, at probably the same number of goals as Kane, with Delap serving as an understudy and learning from the best, and still with £100m+ to spend this season or next, on top of already bringing Grealish in, would be a stunning bit of business if you ask me. I was pro-Kane, for the most part, but if you laid out the above scenario at the start of the window I think most people would have taken it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.