Transfer Strategy

That's what we said ahead of this summer. Said similar countless times about replacing Kompany, replacing Fernandinho, getting a new LB etc. With this board it can sometimes take consecutive years of a glaring problem being a detriment before they shell out to fix it.
Yet we keep winning more trophies than the rest

What strategy.
pep just said in his presser we made no offer for Kane officially as Levy was just not willing to speak his words the Master of negotiations. (you can feel this pissed pep Off I.e: Levy this negotiator genius)

So no one said Pep here is our strategy Plan B and C. Depending on we have x amount of time for
Kane passed that we move on to plan b or c.

now all we have is Pep’s saracastic lie of I am more than happy more than you can believe lol….yea sure bud.

we came to the races with a big fat wallet of cash and drank our selves to sleep and let the races go by……lol.

Assuming we don’t now sign a striker this summer, and we can rule out going for Haaland, then what will have changed next year? Delap will be a year older and Torres may have taken to the position, but other than that nothing. We’re basically saying there’s nobody out there that’s good enough this summer— outside of the super expensive- and if they aren’t good enough this year, they probably won’t be any better next. Interesting decision, and Guardiola now has to work wonders with the team and pray that injuries can’t be kept at bay.
Utterly bizarre really

This transfer window is unprecedented due to COVID.

I suspected that this window would go the way it has with very few signings because in our best windows we transact very early on. That we had no big early signings was a warning sign for me.

Management - I infer - saw no opportunities for good signings at the positions we are in need of upgrade. And so did not pursue whatever was on offer this window.

Given that other sides have strengthened around us I don't think that we'll win the P/L this year - but we're thereabouts for sure - and with some luck obviously might well repeat as title holders.

Now that Pep has stated that he may leave us in 2023 - next year's summer window - 2022-23 is going to be huge. Pep will want to go out on top - City both P/L and C/L winners.

So I'm very disappointed in this year's signings - but I hope and expect that next season's transfer window will be awesome!

That's what we said ahead of this summer. Said similar countless times about replacing Kompany, replacing Fernandinho, getting a new LB etc. With this board it can sometimes take consecutive years of a glaring problem being a detriment before they shell out to fix it.
With Kompany and Fernandinho I can kind of understand it, I think the club hoped Kompany would stay another year and gambled we wouldn't lose one of our CB's for much of the season, which is what happened. Fernandinho, is still at the club so it wasn't so pressing with a striker we have painted ourselves into a corner, with having to get by for much of last season with either one or none fit, the club knew in January likely before it was going to be even worse this season and they should have been looking to address this as a matter of urgency, it seems "the plan" was for Spurs to cave, if your plan is based on someone else doing what they don't want to do you really should have a plan B.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.