Cristiano Ronaldo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good bit of business from United. Was truly hoping to sign him. Can we maybe pull off the best transfer of all now and goall out for that beast of a player Haaland?
"Go all out"

We'll propose a contract of 500k per week, stall the deal for 2 months refusing pay the agent fee, then Madrid/PSG/United will swoop in, give 50 million to Raiola, 70 million to Dortmund and sign Haaland on a 1 million per week contract.

Not for the first time.

Or the second.

People can say what they want about Gary Cooke but he knew his way around a transfer negotiation: Agree a budget, Identify targets within the budget, Sign targets. Done.
Would these guys have signed David Silva for 24m? Sergio for 38m? Yaya for 24m? Tevez for free? No I don’t think they would. They would have offered 15m for D Silva and “walked away”.

This summer we spent 100m on a player who may well become a great but is currently unproven above Championship level and only got him because he had a release clause.

Whigh was the greater priority? A striker or yet another midfielder for a team that already has Bernardo, Foden,Fernandinho,KDB, Jesus, Sterling, Torres,Mahrez?

The minute we spent 100m on Jack the price of ANY striker we go for increased by 50m. You get your priority signing done first and then go back with the release clause for Jack if you decide you still want him.

It is transfer 101.

The richest club in the world cannot afford a striker in the most depressed transfer market for years. Shameful.

We may get lucky with injuries and get away with it this year but we would need extraordinary luck in order to win the league again.

Chelsea have strengthened quietly and efficiently.
Liverpool wont be as unlucky with injuries again.
United have their best squad in a decade.
City have further strengthened their rivals by not strengthening themselves.

Amateurish and arrogant in equal measure.
Amateurish? Arrogant? How so? You do not know what went on behind closed doors. Too quick to judge imo .
United now MUST win the PL or CL. This season.Otherwise their signing will be a total fiasco. Hes ageing ... pressure will be huge when the romance dies down . Meanwhile City are not under huge pressure to deliver. But Pep will still want to win.
Everything

Obviously everyone has their opinion and indeed level of entitlement but I wonder if the idea of not having a striker is something that many are getting overly hung up on.

I Googled football striker definition and got this

"In football and some other team sports, a striker is a player who mainly attacks and scores goals, rather than defends." Not my bolding btw.

I am really looking forward to this season whoever is banging them in, and make no mistake, we will be.
Caveat:- unless we don't and I am totally wrong, which whilst almost unheard of (in my fevered imagination) can sometimes happen.
Ha ha loving the caveat mate :)

Not for the first time.

Or the second.

People can say what they want about Gary Cooke but he knew his way around a transfer negotiation: Agree a budget, Identify targets within the budget, Sign targets. Done.
Would these guys have signed David Silva for 24m? Sergio for 38m? Yaya for 24m? Tevez for free? No I don’t think they would. They would have offered 15m for D Silva and “walked away”.

This summer we spent 100m on a player who may well become a great but is currently unproven above Championship level and only got him because he had a release clause.

Whigh was the greater priority? A striker or yet another midfielder for a team that already has Bernardo, Foden,Fernandinho,KDB, Jesus, Sterling, Torres,Mahrez?

The minute we spent 100m on Jack the price of ANY striker we go for increased by 50m. You get your priority signing done first and then go back with the release clause for Jack if you decide you still want him.

It is transfer 101.

The richest club in the world cannot afford a striker in the most depressed transfer market for years. Shameful.

We may get lucky with injuries and get away with it this year but we would need extraordinary luck in order to win the league again.

Chelsea have strengthened quietly and efficiently.
Liverpool wont be as unlucky with injuries again.
United have their best squad in a decade.
City have further strengthened their rivals by not strengthening themselves.

Amateurish and arrogant in equal measure.
Pretty spot on

I do miss seeing them live but driving from Edinburgh every other week became less of a pleasure and more of a chore. The 90 odd minutes in the middle were good, just not the round trip.

Still, got BT & Sky so I get the pleasure Spit and ratty one the one hand and CG on the other, all in 55" 4K.

Enjoy the match tomorrow mate; #envious
Got a paper ticket just in case :-)

If we don't value Kane at £150m and don't value Ronaldo at £30m then what are we doing?

Letting Sergio go is now looking really stupid, he didn't even want to be at Barcelona.
For the 100th time, it isn't looking stupid letting sergio go.
Ffs when are posters going to stop posting this shite?

Sergio had come to the end of his career with us, he played 7 times in a season for us, he's currently out injured for two months at Barca.
Think before you post nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.