Cristiano Ronaldo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that was yet another fast ride up a darkened alley. I guess the club are following a strict policy when it comes to recruitment and we have to respect that given the recent success we've all enjoyed. Personally I came round to the idea of having Ronaldo purely because of apparent value for money and him filling the need for a clinical finisher. It swayed me in terms of his age and how he would fit into the team. None the less there must be more reasons than just saving 25m on a gamble, we just are not party to the complications surrounding any deal and have to trust those involved to get it right.

Part of me still hopes we announce a left field striker signing before Tuesday but it's getting to the time where we may have to accept we are done this window. Pep did seem a little deflated earlier but it was great to hear him dismiss the miss-quotes saying he was definitely leaving in 2023. That is possibly the best news after two days that haven't been great - Mendy and all.

Even though - as we know last year - a season isn't defined by early results I feel tomorrow's match is now important to give the club a boost. Put in a good performance, get the win and things will naturally seem brighter. Lose and we will have to put up with a lot more negativity.

Overall I still think the club were right not to just put in a crazy offer for Kane to placate Levy, and I have to respect that hopefully they have a longer term plan with regards to a striker coming rather than take a risk on a player at the end of his career - I'll let everyone know how I feel if I have to endure Raheem and Riyad taking 5 to 6 efforts to get a goal ha!

Finally, I like a lot of fans on blue moon sometimes wish those responsible for communications with the fans were better but I guess it has to be a balance and they have always taken the stance to conduct business privately. Kaldoon's post season reaction to losing the CL final was perhaps against the grain saying we would be creative and look to bring more than one player in. Ultimately I am very happy we secured one of the best midfield talents in the game, and maybe just maybe we have a young player at the club that will be the next clinical finisher? Who knows, but one thing is for sure, I like you, will be there to support our fantastic club through mainly thick and thin.

I hope you are right mate, I really do.
they have a template which is a bit like catnip to us since Tuckel rocked up. Btw results since he did suggest they aren’t that far behind us. They have strangled us in the last three games. We can bang on about our team selections but they can only beat what is in front of them and they have three times on the trot. One of the reasons they beat us is our missed chances in tight games. That is why I felt it was important for us to get a clinical striker for this season. In a close season where Lukaku, Messi, Ronaldo and Ings have moved club already. Kane and Mbappe want to, Haaland who knows because Dortmund haven’t had a serious offer. And yet we haven’t been able to close anything for a striker.

maybe We will sweep all before us but our rivals have strengthened without a doubt.

They have a formula to beat us but they can't beat many other premier league teams. In fact I'd prefer to play a chelsea team with Lukaku in than one with Werner in. Strong types we're fine against it's the pacey ones that are our Achilles heel due to the high line we hold

I do miss seeing them live but driving from Edinburgh every other week became less of a pleasure and more of a chore. The 90 odd minutes in the middle were good, just not the round trip.

Still, got BT & Sky so I get the pleasure Spit and ratty one the one hand and CG on the other, all in 55" 4K.

Enjoy the match tomorrow mate; #envious
Its a bloody chore all right. Mind you Tebay is a pretty good pitstop. We will recommence hopefully in the next couple of games after tomorrow.

I go out for an hour and this happens.

I must admit I’m disappointed. It would probably have been a vanity signing but I was actually looking forward to seeing one of the world’s greatest players close up at the Etihad.

Oh well, if there‘s any good that comes out of this, it means the Rags pay over the odds for a 36 year old and add a huge amount to their already inflater wage bill.

It is strange how they suddenly appear to get interested in players just after it breaks that we might be in for them. I thought we were the small Club !

Why do we never offer the same wages that rag and Chelsea offer?
Only thing I can think of is that it could cause some unrest within our current squad. Pep wants players who want to be there and not those who are just after the $$$. We’re just not that type of club…

Such a shame, another botched attempt at bringing a marquee signing to the club. Happy to accept this outcome as was always gonna be hard to convince ronaldo with the pressure from global rags. Just when you loose such a player of Sergios calibre I would have thought they would have prioritised his replacement with a player who guarantees min 20 goals a season every season, £100 mill on grealish was not a priority. Even dm and left back would still be ahead of grealish IMO. Because of that decision we’re left without a Sergio replacement whilst all our rivals have nailed recruitment in terms of what they need. Really poor management on this, you’ve got de bruyne in his prime maybe few more years at his absolute best and you’ve got Torres and Jesus as your options.I’ve no doubt we’ll score a shed load of goals still but imagine if we had someone to finish off all those missed chances? Really poor from a few at the top. Hope I’m proven wrong, but hope it doesn’t come back to bite us, second time we might not be so lucky especially with crowds back. Then this window will be a the reason for failure this season.

So many exciting prospects at the start of the window!
Nonsense,we havent missed out on a striker because of Grealish.

Had we not pursued him so aggressively and showed him the love,then he may well have decided his future lay elsewhere and we would have missed out on a player every team in Europe would want in their starting 11.

As much as you are trying to connect the two scenarios,they aren't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.