It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ever so slight overreaction I think. And if you have been through thick & thin & thin & thin then I have too plus a couple more thins and thinner. Not sure people are disappointed per se about not getting fake Ronnie but more the fact he has firstly gone back to them and because we still have no recognised number 9. Would you be happy if we bought Lewandowski, I would. I mentioned Calvert Lewin in an earlier post and whilst far from ideal I would be happy with him.

I would be happy with any of those you suggest - sorry if you think it an over reaction but I was sick of the whole issue - as I'm sure those involved in the transfers at the club are.

Correct

The biggest issue is not signing a proven CF

Didn’t want the Prick and I didn’t think Kane was worth the money

But I do feel we need a proven CF

Would e so happy if Lewandowski rolled up for a season

Correct

The biggest issue is not signing a proven CF

Didn’t want the Prick and I didn’t think Kane was worth the money

But I do feel we need a proven CF

Would e so happy if Lewandowski rolled up for a season
Glad we are on the same page but we don’t need blue on blue. See enough of that on our regular trips to Wembley these days. Have faith that all will be good at the club. Thumping win tomorrow or any actually and then watch out for some transfer deadline moves

I’d be fine if a striker didn’t come in as long as Pep used the academy

Guardiola "Modern football sometimes makes me sad. Nowadays there can be more focus on big-name signings rather than promoting youth and that makes me sad. Why buy a striker for £50 million when there is one waiting in the youth team?"

Also Pep - in his 6th season and has spent over 900mil for us and promoted just 1 youth player(Foden)

I’ve been lurking here for a while, never made an account, but I finally decided to today and share some stuff. I figured this saga has annoyed some people (including me), so I wanna show people some optimism, but please don’t let this be false hope.

I’m not gonna claim I’m some sort of Top Tier ITK, because I’m far from it. But I do speak to someone kind of close to some people related to the club. Is he reliable? Not always, was pretty spot on when it came to info about Dias/Torres/Grealish, but wrong about other stuff Jorginho/Maguire/Ronaldo (more recently). Sometimes I feel like he’s waffling, but there is at least SOME truth to most stuff he says, so please take this with a grain of salt.

City are still intending to make signings, however, there’s no guarantee they’ll be able to make any before the window closes. They’re happy with the squad as is, and don’t want to panic buy any players that were never on the radar. From what I’ve been told, Haaland and Lewandowski rumours are total bs.

BUT, the board haven’t given up on Kane. Mission impossible? Sort of, it’s very difficult. City wanted to negotiate, Levy didn’t, so City backtracked. But it’s acknowledged that Levy will accept a “very high, full cash” bid (Wasn’t given an exact figure), and it’s possible we submit something during the last few days of the window as a latch ditch effort. Kane would still be open. But again, it’s tricky because the possibility of this bid relies on player sales. City want to sell Bernardo, and potentially Sterling, but as things stand, the sale of any players looks unlikely.

Also been told we’re considering a potential Bernardo swap deal. Wasn’t told with who, but my guess is possibly Joao Felix with Atletico, or Griezmann with Barca? That’d make the most sense.

interest in a left back too, but wasn’t told much about that, so I can’t say much

Basically, the board are still trying for Kane if they can offload players, and potentially a left back. Kane is incredibly difficult, but I was told “don’t rule it out”. They really really want Kane. A swap deal involving Bernardo could be a “Plan B” if Kane fails, and if deemed fair, but City are totally happy to keep their squad as is, so it’s also rather unlikely.

Stuff could develop tomorrow obvs, maybe we’ll consider someone else, but for now that’s all Ik.

Again, don’t believe this if you don’t want to, I just wanted to potentially give some optimism to people who thought this window was over
Well, appreciate you posting this

I shall wait for the media to report this tomorrow amid faux outrage whilst at the same time blowing smoke up the GPC arse as he is still meddling behind the scenes. £872k per week, wow yet yesterday media reported he would take a wage cut to play for us.
The 480k pw number is what we proposed to him. I’m guessing Mendes used us to light a fire under Man United’s arse since their golden boy going to City would have been a historic PR debacle. He has not taken any wage cut to join United.

And you won’t find anyone reporting it tomorrow. Rags are media darlings, nobody cares what they pay.

I am pretty upset. Not because Ronaldo went to Utd. There's every chance he'll show his age and upset others in the dressing room to boot. A bit like the ill-starred Sanchez hijack. However, our negotiators had months to get a striker over the line and they've fucked up at every turn. Lukaku was available, ffs. So was Messi. But we decided on an unrealistic Kane or bust project and guess what, it turns out that it was a bust. What's gone on?

I think we're all upset but I don't think its anything to do with the failure of our negotiators - more the sort of people they have to deal with. We also have to take into account that every player has their own ideas of where they want to play - or, indeed, go back to play! As a club, we are quite rightly, very picky and we should continue to be. It's worked so far. But we do all feel a bit sick today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.