It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 19976

Not just any ordinary goal machine. The face of Hugo Boss too. You don’t just get goals and assists in abundance you get the full package with our Harold.

You ungrateful sods don’t realise how lucky you are seeing this bloke pull on the number 10 shirt. Best premier league striker of his era... and he’s only just getting going.
In fairness when I saw him trying to run the other night, I thought he looked like he was just getting going.
Ungrateful? I'll be very grateful to Mr Levy when he sticks to his laughable valuation.

I don't care for the sergio-kane debate. It's pointless - they don't play in the same league, and Sergio is past his prime, so clearly kane is currently better. I was more bemused by those suggesting that TODAY kane isn't the best striker in the PL.
Agreed. That thread has totally lost its way. I weighed in on that as a slightly negative on Kane. But mainly because of Levy, the gutter press and broadcasters and the silly figures being bandied around in a depressed market / post (current) COVID world.

Is Harry Kane a proven top class striker? Absolutely.

Would I pleased if we signed him? Of course.

Do I worry about us getting ripped off and the negative press we will get? Yes.

Why am I asking myself questions and answering them? Don’t know.

The point is everyone makes a statement one way or the other and then goes to extremes to defend their stance. I don’t think he is worth over £100 million. But I do think he virtually guarantees us the Premier League next season if we get him. Bit like when The Scum got Van Pussy, (and yes I know he was a lot older than Kane). I’m referring to his goals sealing that season’s Premier League win.

Agreed. That thread has totally lost its way. I weighed in on that as a slightly negative on Kane. But mainly because of Levy, the gutter press and broadcasters and the silly figures being bandied around in a depressed market / post (current) COVID world.

Is Harry Kane a proven top class striker? Absolutely.

Would I pleased if we signed him? Of course.

Do I worry about us getting ripped off and the negative press we will get? Yes.

Why am I asking myself questions and answering them? Don’t know.

The point is everyone makes a statement one way or the other and then goes to extremes to defend their stance. I don’t think he is worth over £100 million. But I do think he virtually guarantees us the Premier League next season if we get him. Bit like when The Scum got Van Pussy, (and yes I know he was a lot older than Kane). I’m referring to his goals sealing that season’s Premier League win.
Yep its like Brexit or Blur v Oasis. People are taking entrenched binary positions on Kane v Haaland/Lukaku. Although I have serious reservations about the latter in particular I’m able to accept that any of them would score for fun in our team

Don't get me wrong, I quite like Tolmie and enjoy his posts. I just don't think it's fair to get upset at people who don't believe him considering that the usual defence is "his posts are just a bit of a laugh". If it's just a bit of a laugh there's no need to criticise the sceptics, surely?

Of course the people who directly come after him with aggressive posts are another matter.

Of course, and it can be a laugh for those who want it to be but it is actually what I do for my regular living, which makes me more informed than pretty much anybody else on this forum.

I don't wish it to sound as arrogant as that reads, but that is the reality. I make it my business on a daily basis to try and find out what is happening at both Manchester clubs and have done so for 30 years.

The music obviously introduces some levity, but my intentions are always serious, trying to give a hint or steer along the way.

What do I get out of it, some have asked?

A chance to engage with fellow Blues, many who I can now class as friends over the many years, but trying to inform and wake people up to the fact City have very few friends in the media, many who don't have a contact at the club between them.

People have come to my defence on many occasion to say it is just a laugh, that's how they treat it and that is fair do's, but I'm serious in my info.

However, as you say, I've had enough of the usual trolls who simply want to instigate a slagfest.

People can absolutely doubt the information but never doubt me, because I am very good at what I do.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.