It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody decent we could get now anyway
we COULD start planning a haaland transfer for January or the summer right now, given that he hadn't already signed for Madrid.

But that would require doing things early... And trying to beat other teams in a transfer race..

We aren't signing anybody else. It's too late and teams will charge a fortune.

I think this is the most likely scenario.

I think the club needs to take a long hard look at its transfer strategy and people involved.

We have the best manager in the world but we don't have the best transfer team.

We really shouldn't be panic buying with a few days left.

I genuinely don't think Mendes used us.

I really believe everything was standard procedure, and then United got pride stricken and made a better offer.

The negative PR and reputational damage us signing a player they see as their biggest ever legend would have caused was literally unthinkable for them.

Their signing of Ronaldo is purely a pride / vanity manoeuvre.

My view is he has used them for one last big pay day and he absolutely knew they would fall for it hook line and sinker.

There are 4 days left and I remain confident a CF will be signed. I also wouldn't rule out a left back or "utility" type defender arriving, given the unfortunate Mendy situation.

Appreciate how great we have it and the hierarchy have all been excellent especially since pep came. But this summer has been a bad one. It will no doubt be forgotten about once the season gets properly underway after the break but right now, it’s not been the best. Pondering, bordering on arrogance on the Kane deal. Sleeping on Messi. Being played by Mendez. Reluctant to pay the money for haaland. If just one of those comes off then it’s a stroke of genius but none and we look a bit ridiculous. Fine line.

Torres needs to step up, big time. Or pay the money for haaland-which looks very unlikely.

Unpopular opinion but at this point I'd genuinely rather we just do nothing this summer, and start making concrete and ACTUAL plan A, B and Cs for January and next summer
That's exactly what we should do. Might cost us the league, but no guarantee a panic buy will win us the league either.

That’s what is disappointing we just don’t seem despite everything to be the team they want to play for. The ‘history’ clubs still have that draw it seems.
Yes but we are still a very attractive option especially with Pep in charge. We gotta lick our wounds and go back to the principles that got us here. A hard working humble team.

The other clubs have huge pull and when competing at the top we have to realise that we are not top dogs.

Football in a nut shell today: Mendy ostracised and found guilty by the media. The same media openly gagging on Ronaldo’s return when both players have been branded sexual predators allegedly. Stinks

we COULD start planning a haaland transfer for January or the summer right now, given that he hadn't already signed for Madrid.

But that would require doing things early... And trying to beat other teams in a transfer race..
We ain’t buying Haaland in January or in the summer, if you think that you are deluded

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.